Author Topic: My Name's Eddie and I'm a Taylor Guitar Fan  (Read 2743 times)

Saxacat

• Veteran Member
  • Northumberland, England.
My Name's Eddie and I'm a Taylor Guitar Fan
« on: December 12, 2011, 03:43:49 AM »
Hi everyone, I am Eddie, live in the UK and am retired. I took up the guitar about 3 years ago at the age of 54 and I am rubbish at it. However, I get a great deal of pleasure from just trying to play. I have taken lessons and currently attend a guitar class for the over 50s.

Despite my lack of ability I am building a small guitar collection and recently added my first Taylor. It is a lovely GA-Ke that I bought at a Taylor Roadshow here in the UK. It is an amazing guitar; a pleasure to play.

I am excited about being in near the start of this new forum (thanks Josh) and look forward to meeting and conversing with Taylor aficionados from around the globe.

Eddie

(Wasn't sure if this should be posted as a new topic or not, so please move if I've done it wrong).
Taylor GA-Ke
Yamaha LL16
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
Yamaha SLG100s

More money than ability.

barefooter

• West Virginia Hills
Re: My Name's Eddie and I'm a Taylor Guitar Fan
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 10:06:58 AM »
Hello Eddie,

I think you did just right in creating a new post for your introduction.  I am going to do so after I welcome each of you who have done so thus far.

I am in the 50 + group and applaud you on your interest in music and the guitar.  We are never too old to learn something, regardless of what the subject matter may be.

I look forward to reading post(s) you will place and I welcome you to this forum along with the many other guitarist already here.
Tom
2005 T5 C2
2010 814ce Tobacco Burst
and a few other pieces of equipment
Romans 1:16

Saxacat

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 02:47:34 PM »
Hi barefooter,

I see from your bio that as well as a liking for music and guitars, we also have public service in common. I spent 36 years in the military (RAF) before retiring.

Thanks for your warm welcome.
Taylor GA-Ke
Yamaha LL16
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
Yamaha SLG100s

More money than ability.

forhim

• With All Our Might
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 03:54:25 PM »
Hi Eddie, welcome to the forum!!  :)

Steely Glen

• UTGF Member #2
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 04:00:55 PM »
Eddie, glad to see you here and welcome to the FB page!

- Glen
Taylor Guitars & Gear:
2010 Taylor 816ce
2011 Taylor 714ce
2005 Taylor 555ce
Taylor K4 Preamp

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 11:34:42 PM »
Hi Eddie and welcome to the forum! :D I didn't know Taylor did Road Shows in other countries. All I know is guitars seem to cost more over there in the UK than here in the US. Glad you were able to get to a Road Show...do your stores carry a big variety of Taylors over there?  ???
Cindy

Saxacat

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 03:55:14 AM »
Hi, forhim, Glen and Cindy thanks for the welcome.

Glen, looking forward to being an active member both here and on FB.

Cindy, not sure how long they’ve been doing the Roadshows over here, I only became aware of them this year. Taylor have now built their own Distribution and Repair centre in Amsterdam (Fender used to do their European distribution), so I think they’re having something of a push business wise in Europe, which can only be good news for us Taylor fans over here.

As for guitar variety, I’ve nothing really to compare it with. I am fortunate in so far as my nearest city (Newcastle-upon-Tyne) has a good selection of guitar shops and two of them are Taylor dealers (although the Roadshow where I got my Taylor was a bit further afield). I’m guessing that both stores would probably have less than 40 Taylors combined, but with distribution now in Amsterdam I think they can get stuff in pretty quickly (of course BTO would still have to come from your side of the pond).
Taylor GA-Ke
Yamaha LL16
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
Yamaha SLG100s

More money than ability.