Author Topic: **** Barry @ Connecticut Guitar & Strings *****  (Read 1287 times)

gamblemad

**** Barry @ Connecticut Guitar & Strings *****
« on: February 20, 2014, 10:36:06 AM »
I just wanted to give a shout out to Barry @ http://www.connecticutguitarandstrings.com/ I probably do not praise people enough when they do a good job, but Barry went above and beyond when it came to servicing my guitars a few weeks ago.  His knowledge and willingness to share it (while he was going over my guitar) was great.  He has the only Humidity controlled repair center I have ever been in.  And, well, he just gives a great service experience.  Barry is a repair center only, he doesn't sell guitars.

Thanks Barry, you were awesome.

Jersey tuning

• Veteran Member
  • Quid Me Anxius Sum
Re: **** Barry @ Connecticut Guitar & Strings *****
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 11:20:04 AM »
What did you have done?
CURRENTLY PLAYING

'30 Martin 2-17 solid Mahogany
'97 Tacoma PK-30 Sitka/koa
'99 Alhambra 11C classical cedar/EIR
'05 TAYLOR 614ce 
'07 Breedlove Atlas 12-string Sitka/Mahogany
'10 Froggy Bottom "C" Adi/Brazilian   
'11 TAYLOR BTO GC 12-fret sinker/EIR.  
'14 Alvarez Baritone Sitka/Mahogany
'18 Cordoba hybrid Flamenco Euro Spruce/Ziricote
'23 M. Colbert Baritone Alaskan Sitka/Black Limba multiscale with Manzer wedge

gamblemad

Re: **** Barry @ Connecticut Guitar & Strings *****
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 08:42:12 PM »
I had some buzzing issues with my little kickaround Ibanez AC240, that know one (local guitar store set up guy, and a GC set up kid) could identify. I noticed he was the only Ibanez repair center in my state.... so I called and set up an appointment.  I brought my 210e with me for him to make sure it was within spec.

He used this scope that he created to look into the guitar body and found no issue with the bracings, he then tested the neck adjustment to make sure nothing was happening with that. 

He identified that I was having "back buzz" and built up my nut a little then sanded down my bridge a bit and vwala...... no buzz and a fingerpicking delight.

He reviewed my Taylor 210e and found it to be excellent and needed no work done to it.... he stated that the strings were set on the low end of the Taylor specs, and he couldn't do any better.

After taking care of my Taylor he took down my prefered settings for playing, for any future work he may do for me.  He let me know that the Ibanez specs are not as tight as the Taylor, but if in the future if I wanted to get to that level he could refret my lil' AC240 for what seemed like a very reasonable price.  I thought he was straight forward, and offered good information along the way