Author Topic: Holden GS Mini  (Read 19089 times)

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
Re: Holden GS Mini
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2014, 10:04:19 PM »
Wow, you guys are a really bad influence ??? .....in a good way ::) .....I just ordered mine!  8)

;D ;D  ;D

michaelw

• Veteran Member
  • with more frivolous trivia than most infomercials
    • i agree with Fred
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2014, 10:28:42 PM »
... So, question is will I get stripey or not-stripey. I WANT stripey:-) Anyone call any favors into the mothership — I noticed on AGF people were talking about calling these orders in, and I am wondering whether  they could even change, or whether they're just loading boxes (ie, they are all sealed waiting to go).

OK, pictures at 11.
stripey does look pretty 8)
http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3831240&postcount=335
it's not about what you play,
it's all about why you play ...

support indie musicians
https://www.patreon.com/sidecarjudy
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-jessica-malone-music-project#/

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2014, 11:00:10 PM »
Yes, the stripey had me at hello.  I too am hoping they pull a nice one for mine.

stepchildusmc

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2014, 11:27:55 AM »
ordering a second one as "The Blonde" has taken possession of mine. i'm hoping for some serious Stripey on my next one.
Steppy
2008 NAMM Hot Rod(GA)
2013 spring ltd. 616 ce
2013 616 ce(honeyburst)
2011 Adamas 2080Sr
2014 324
2014 GS mini Hog
2013 GS mini Spruce
2014 GS mini Engelmann (HV)
only thing lacking is the talent !

HAPPYDAN

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2014, 02:21:26 PM »
ordering a second one as "The Blonde" has taken possession of mine. i'm hoping for some serious Stripey on my next one.

I've been involved with Wintergrass lately and have left my Holden mini in the bag with a humidifier for a few days, not much playing time. Just pulled it out this morning for a little strum-fun. and - WOW! This baby grew stripes! Okay, don't believe it. My perception is my reality. 2 weeks ago, when I got it, no stripes. The spuce top was clear and monotone blonde. This morning, beautiful amber striping has begun to appear in the top sheet. I'm cyber-stupid, so I couldn't post a picture with a hammer and nail. If I can get some help, I'll put one on. ;D :D

pjroberts

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2014, 02:29:35 PM »
Yes, the STRIPEY SUSPENSE is too much, but soon all will be known. Comes in tomorrow. They shipped it before I could figure out how to "influence" the pick. The early pictures looked all clean and more recently the stripeys seemed to appear, except for StepChild's (of course, most people don't pos their GS Mini mug shots on the web).

Fingers crossed, but these guitars are all special given their lineage and their story. In addition to the stripey question, I'm anxious to hear the tone and how it compares to my previous hog GSM, which is now gone. Of course if we have luck like happy Dan they will all grow stripes:-)
pj roberts | austin
Taylor 814ce [2015]  |  GS Mini Holden Valley
Others: SCGC, Martin, Collings, Halcyon & Goodall

stepchildusmc

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2014, 05:51:58 PM »

I've been involved with Wintergrass lately and have left my Holden mini in the bag with a humidifier for a few days, not much playing time. Just pulled it out this morning for a little strum-fun. and - WOW! This baby grew stripes! Okay, don't believe it. My perception is my reality. 2 weeks ago, when I got it, no stripes. The spuce top was clear and monotone blonde. This morning, beautiful amber striping has begun to appear in the top sheet. I'm cyber-stupid, so I couldn't post a picture with a hammer and nail. If I can get some help, I'll put one on. ;D :D
you'll just have to ship it to each of us so we can ...ahemm... "verify" this
Steppy
2008 NAMM Hot Rod(GA)
2013 spring ltd. 616 ce
2013 616 ce(honeyburst)
2011 Adamas 2080Sr
2014 324
2014 GS mini Hog
2013 GS mini Spruce

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2014, 06:04:46 PM »

Hi Dan, I missed Wintergrass this year but hoping to make it next year.  I hope my HV Mini is as nice as you describe.  I'll bet it sounds great!  I had an original GSM but traded it on a K66, I wanted one of the Maple GSMs when they came out a few years ago but missed out so was happy when I saw these.

I ordered mine last night and can't wait for it to arrive.

pjroberts

My New Mini's Marooned in Dallas
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2014, 07:38:44 PM »
UURRRGGGHH !!!!

So much for my excitement to get my new Holden GSM ... YESTERDAY ..

All my troubles seemed so far away,
Now my Mini's gone astray
I'm not half the player I used to be
A whole week gone without my GS Mini

OK, a bit of exaggeration, I still have my other guitars including my finest Taylor. But UPS has lost my new GSM it seems, and I'm leaving (on a jet plane) soon, so need it now. They say it must not be lost because it was scanned again today. Again in Dallas. It arrived in Dallas on Sunday, and is stil in Dallas on Tuesday.

Sorry for the pointless post. Just needed to moan and cry for a few moments.
pj roberts | austin

stepchildusmc

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2014, 08:34:41 PM »
that stinks PJ. it'll show soon enough. if you are leaving on a jet plane to NY, you can stop by and play with mine. i'm headed back to work tomorrow so i wont be around to give them the love they need for a few weeks or more. i also have another guitar due in friday...you can sign for it for me !
Steppy
2008 NAMM Hot Rod(GA)
2013 spring ltd. 616 ce
2013 616 ce(honeyburst)
2011 Adamas 2080Sr
2014 324
2014 GS mini Hog
2013 GS mini Spruce

pjroberts

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2014, 12:03:16 AM »
Thanks StepChild - maybe I should change my flight and stop in NY on my way across the Atlantic :-) OH, that's right , you have another Holden GSM on the way. I think we need to see some video of you and Blondie playing a dueling duet on the twin GSMs! Can't wait to see how that top comes in. Jeezz, I can't wait to see how mine looks.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
pj roberts | austin

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2014, 09:30:48 PM »
Oh man, that's terrible pjroberts!  I hope it gets straightened out.

Now, as for me, I've been wearing out the refresh button at the ups website, supposed to be delivered tomorrow.....can't wait!  I haven't had a NGD for awhile now.

Here's hoping to NGDs for both of us tomorrow!

stepchildusmc

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2014, 10:46:12 PM »
Thanks StepChild - maybe I should change my flight and stop in NY on my way across the Atlantic :-) OH, that's right , you have another Holden GSM on the way. I think we need to see some video of you and Blondie playing a dueling duet on the twin GSMs! Can't wait to see how that top comes in. Jeezz, I can't wait to see how mine looks.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
wouldn't that be funny if we were on the same flight ! i'll be the guy in back making up a story about a strange guitar shaped object circling the dallas/FW area until it was shot down as everyone knows that only the kids in pre-school are the only ones not toting guns in Texas!
hope your GS mini doesn't come in with a few extra soundholes..... jus' sayin'.... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Steppy
2008 NAMM Hot Rod(GA)
2013 spring ltd. 616 ce
2013 616 ce(honeyburst)
2011 Adamas 2080Sr
2014 324
2014 GS mini Hog
2013 GS mini Spruce

Tarekith

• Luxembourg Mastering Engineer
    • Artist Website
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2014, 12:26:00 AM »
This thread is making me really want one of these beauties.  If I hadn't just got my 814 a few months ago...
Erik M.
InnerPortalStudio.com
2013 814ce, All Cosmo Black Hardware.

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2014, 07:50:22 PM »
Got mine this afternoon, sneaked the box past hubby and going to open it tonight....I'm so excited!