Author Topic: Hello Everyone and Welcome!  (Read 112330 times)

djl1

• djl music and images
Re: Hello Everyone and Welcome!
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2012, 11:16:26 AM »
Hi Folks,

I started playing guitar a number of years ago, left it drop for a few years and recently rediscovered my enthusiasm. I enjoy listening to and (try) playing a wide range of music, I also do a bit of home recording. Mostly a finger picker but I like to thrash out a song on my Hofner Shorty.

Taylor 414 ce
Freshman FA400D
Fender Gemini II
Takamine EG128C
Hofner Shorty
Thomann Acoustic bass

I live in Edinburgh, Scotland.

David
Here is a sunrise, ain't that enough?

http://davidlines.net

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2012, 11:56:44 AM »
Hi both Daves from the above couple of posts!  It's great to have you guys here!  Please consider this community your home, and make yourself comfortable!   ;D
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2012, 03:13:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum djl1.  I think everybody would enjoy your recordings.
Mike
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

CodeBlueEMT

• Veteran Member
  • In Dog Beers, I've Only Had One
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2012, 10:15:39 PM »
 Hi Dave and David. I'll add y'all to the "What's 2 more friends named Dave gonna matter" list.

Seriously, welcome to our site. I think you'll find a home around here. Enjoy.
Shayne

2023 Gibson Custom '57 Les Paul Goldtop
2017 Taylor T5z Pro SE "Erwin"
2014 Taylor 524ce
2013 Martin 000-28EC Sunburst
2011 Taylor 314ce
2008 Taylor SB-1 Classic
1999 Taylor XXV-DR 25th Anniversary
Hard Knocks Custom Esquire "Miss Bettie"

tballa

« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2012, 08:50:17 AM »
Hi All,

New to this forum or any forum for that matter... I found this to be an excellent resource while looking for my first Taylor acoustic.  I have been playing for about 3 years and primarily Tele's, but wanted to add a nice acoustic to the mix.  Did some research and a few hours in various guitar stores looking for the right Taylor, but never a doubt that it would be a Taylor.  Well after all that I went with a beautiful 2012 714CE Engleman Spruce!!  I have to say it is outstanding, the only issue I have is that I can't put it down!  My Tele's are getting very little play time, still in a bit of awe with my Taylor.

Thanks for the help!

Tony, Calgary Canada

CodeBlueEMT

• Veteran Member
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2012, 11:57:44 AM »
 Hi Tony. Welcome to the site. Congrats on the new 714ce. Enjoy both.  ;D
Shayne

2014 Taylor 524ce
2011 Taylor 314ce
2008 Taylor SB-1 Classic

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2012, 10:48:45 AM »
Hi All,

New to this forum or any forum for that matter... I found this to be an excellent resource while looking for my first Taylor acoustic.  I have been playing for about 3 years and primarily Tele's, but wanted to add a nice acoustic to the mix.  Did some research and a few hours in various guitar stores looking for the right Taylor, but never a doubt that it would be a Taylor.  Well after all that I went with a beautiful 2012 714CE Engleman Spruce!!  I have to say it is outstanding, the only issue I have is that I can't put it down!  My Tele's are getting very little play time, still in a bit of awe with my Taylor.

Thanks for the help!

Tony, Calgary Canada

Hi Tony!  Welcome to the UTGF sir!  It's great to have you here, make yourself at home!  ;D

drbob1

« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2012, 07:22:57 PM »
I'm 55 and live in Wisconsin. I got my first Taylor, a Lemon Grove 510 about 12 years ago. It sounded REALLY good, but had this weird triangular neck carve I never really adjusted to. Two years ago I replaced it with a 910 that sounded and played great, but just recently I found a custom DN with Brazilian that both looked and played better than the 910. That's where I am at the moment. Otherwise a bunch of electrics from the golden era, a Larrivee 12 fret, a couple of Ovations to play out, banjo and mandolin that I don't play worth !@#$...

CodeBlueEMT

• Veteran Member
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2012, 11:11:42 PM »
 Hi Drbob1. Welcome to the UTGF. I think you'll enjoy our site.  :)
Shayne

2014 Taylor 524ce
2011 Taylor 314ce
2008 Taylor SB-1 Classic

Floridartist

« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2012, 08:50:59 PM »
Hello everyone, I guess I am another new guy on the site for today at the least, my name is John, and I just got my new Taylor, so I guess I am part of the club, until I mess up I guess, been playing my old  vintage Yamaha FG 180 since 1977 , but today I stepped up to the plate and went in debt for a New 2011 Taylor 716ce vintage sunburst, with the red western cedar top,  besides some guitar playing in front of the fire place and campfires,  I am also an Artist, strange how that came about in my life around 1998, I do oil paintings of Florida's Rivers and Springs, and with that I saved up for my first Taylor guitar, My save the river club called, Our Santa Fe River, had a song contest, and asked if I would write a song about the river and compete, I was very hesitant being I never sung or even played a full song in my life. So I wrote the darn song, "Keepers of the Santa Fe River" I was so nervous that I basically lost the first two verses of the song on stage as I shook, but I pulled it off and took first place, So that got me on a roll with writing the next song for the next contest, add a little harmonica and I think I can pull it off again. As with this new Taylor, most expensive piece of wood I ever bought for myself, I hope to keep the inspiration going.
So that's my hello to the forum speech. So long for now. John 123   

American Red

« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2012, 09:57:31 PM »
Floridartist
John,
Welcome to the Forum..
You did very well on your Taylor decision.
The 700 series is one of Taylor's best dollar values with a great combination of quality, resale value, beauty, great sound and yet is so easy to play!

Vintage Sunburst..
You are going to fit right in..

As far as the song:
Well, in the center of the stream, the currents just right.
The song flows and meanders taking you to the rocky shoals, drawing us into the adventure..
The tempo of the song continues to follow the flow of the river, till we quietly approach the alligators nest.

You did an awesome job on many levels..
We look forward to your assessment of the 716ce.

This is a Taylor, perfectly fit to your style and persona.

You navigate well

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 01:10:13 AM by American Red »

CodeBlueEMT

• Veteran Member
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2012, 12:30:54 AM »
  Hi John. Nice intro and welcome to the UTGF. Enjoy the site.  :)
Shayne

2014 Taylor 524ce
2011 Taylor 314ce
2008 Taylor SB-1 Classic

Floridartist

« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2012, 07:51:03 AM »
Wow, you guys are on the ball, you checked out my song "Keepers of the Santa Fe River"  I hope you saw the studio version with the slide show, because the live performance was a disaster, I appreciate that you welcomed me, and showed interest and respect as a new guy on the forum, thank you. I just woke up and sitting in this brown guitar case is the most beautiful guitar I ever saw in my whole life, Is this one of the promised rewards from the life I have lived, a gift from heaven above, I wonder, Looks like a good day to write a song about the river, Inspired!!! play well my new found club.
John123 

aldievilla

« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2012, 06:21:28 AM »
Hi,

just joined the forum so this is just to say hi. I ave two Taylors at present. A 1998 412 acoustic which I've had from new and gets played a lot more than any of my other gutars. I've also got a 614CE from 2003. They are fab guitars but I'm looking to sell the 614 and get an 812. I prefer the smaller body shape and think the woods used on the 6 series is too bright for me. Anyone interested let me know.

Have fun and keep plucking.

Ian.

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2012, 09:18:49 AM »
Hi,

just joined the forum so this is just to say hi. I ave two Taylors at present. A 1998 412 acoustic which I've had from new and gets played a lot more than any of my other gutars. I've also got a 614CE from 2003. They are fab guitars but I'm looking to sell the 614 and get an 812. I prefer the smaller body shape and think the woods used on the 6 series is too bright for me. Anyone interested let me know.

Have fun and keep plucking.

Ian.

Hi Ian!  Please make yourself at home!  Glad you're here! Lots of great folks here for sure! ;D