Author Topic: Hello Everyone and Welcome!  (Read 112656 times)

davids714

Re: Hello Everyone and Welcome!
« Reply #330 on: March 06, 2020, 02:52:52 PM »
Hello everyone. My name is David (david714). I've owned about a dozen Taylor acoustic and electric guitars since buying my first Taylor in 1979 (wish I still had it). Currently, I have a DN8, a 714, a 422, a GS Mini, and a Liberty Tree guitar. (I also have a Godin A6 Ultra that I bought to replace my T5. Sorry, I just liked the sound and the ability to blend acoustic with electric at the same time.)

I've been playing for a while, but in the late '90 had a brain aneurism and had to learn to play all over again. Oh well...just glad to be alive and enjoying life (and playing Taylor's). Thanks again to everyone who had a part in providing this site. I'm sure I'll use it often. 

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #331 on: March 06, 2020, 03:25:43 PM »
Welcome David - Nice collection of guitars there! So glad you're playing again and enjoying it. I'm about to take delivery on a new 714 in a few weeks - I'm stoked! Enjoy your stay with us....
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

timfitz63

• Veteran Member
  • Getting better one strum at a time...
« Reply #332 on: March 06, 2020, 03:49:46 PM »
Welcome, David!  Glad you're still with us!

... Currently, I have a DN8, a 714, a 422, a GS Mini, and a Liberty Tree guitar... 

I also own one of the Liberty Tree Guitars; just thought the back story on those guitars was so cool...!

... (I also have a Godin A6 Ultra that I bought to replace my T5. Sorry, I just liked the sound and the ability to blend acoustic with electric at the same time...)

Yeah, the T5 isn't for everyone; it's definitely a different beast...  For those who can figure it, out and have the proper pedals and such, it's really an amazing guitar; but I've never taken the time to properly learn it.  Frankly, I've been thinking about parting ways with mine; I only use them as electric guitars, and have acquired better options in that realm over the years...
DN: 360e, 510ce, 510e-FLTD, 810ce-LTD (Braz RW), PS10ce
GA: 414ce, 614ce-LTD, 714ce-FLTD, BR-V, BTO (Makore, 'Wild Grain' RW, Blkwood), GAce-FLTD, K24ce, PS14ce (Coco, Braz RW, "Milagro"), W14ce-LTD
GC: 812ce-LTD TF, BTO TF ('Sinker'/Walnut, Engelmann/"Milagro"), LTG #400
GO: 718e-FLTD, BTO (Taz Myrtle)
GS: Custom 516e, BTO 12's (Taz Tiger Myrtle, 'Crazy' RW), 556ce, 656ce, K66ce, PS56ce ("Milagro")
GS Mini 2012 Spring LTD (Blackwood)
T3/B: Custom (Cu & Au Sparkle)
T5: C1, C5-12, S (Aztec Gold)

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #333 on: March 07, 2020, 07:11:07 AM »
Welcome David. Your story is inspiring. Happy you're back playing again.  :)
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

Knut

Hello From the Central Coast
« Reply #334 on: March 08, 2020, 01:36:03 AM »
Hello from SLO, or San Luis Obispo to the uninitiated. Recently started up playing again after a 40 year sabbatical. Had a D-76 back in the day and currently have a few nice Martins and picked up a sweet Taylor Grand Concert Acoustic-Electric Spruce and Koa. Loving the short scale, the smaller size, easy playing, and bright sound of the Taylor. Surprised me how much I enjoy the Taylor, it has become my go to guitar and is my primary finger style guitar. Cool site with lots of good information.
"Being generous of spirit is a wonderful way to live." Pete Seeger

“Anyone who uses more than two chords is just showing off.”  Woody Guthrie

Taylor GC Spruce/Koa
Martin D-18
Martin HD-28
Martin HD-35
Martin 000-18

Munich_ghoul

« Reply #335 on: April 16, 2020, 02:44:54 PM »
Hello everyone,

I’m Toska and absolutely new in here!
My guitar journey started somewhere in 2010 with a crappy concert guitar from a supermarket which was a pain in the ... to learn on. Luckily, I was determined enough to stick around and eventually I got some Ibanez dreadnought which accompanied me for a good five years until I moved and had to sell it because I was very short on money. It broke my heart, honestly!

Eventually, I ordered a BT2 in 2015 after being a Taylor fan since I first got interested in playing the guitar (thanks to all the Youtubers doing amazing acoustic covers and songs with Taylors).

I deeply love this little guitar until today.

Now at the age of 25, I’m finally able to afford a full size Taylor model and I decided to get a 414CE-R as I think it’s a great allrounder both for strumming and finger picking.
Being a self-taught guitarist, I started with some simple strumming, but I developed a high interest in finger style over the years and hopefully, the 414 will be enough of a workhorse to let me get better at playing different styles.

Once Corona is over, I want to take lessons.

Also planning to spark some guitar interest in my husband (gonna try to teach him some basics). :-)

Will upload pictures once the new beauty arrived.

-t
BT1
BT2
322e 12-fret V-class
414CE-R V-class
Furch Little Jane cedar / mahogany

jacknicholson

« Reply #336 on: April 29, 2020, 10:19:00 PM »
Hello. New guy here. My name is Jim but some call me Jack. I will be 64 this year and picked up my first guitar earlier this year. It was a Fender Esquire and I learned three cords on it. After visiting Sam Ash and Guitar Center and hearing some of the other guitars, I realized I should have saved the $xx I spent on that Squire and shelled out more for a better guitar. I was torn between Taylor and Martin. I found a Martin DRS2 for $xx and have been using that for the past couple of months now. What a huge difference in sound and playability. I am learning faster now and having more fun at it.

Now I want to add a Taylor guitar. It has been a while since I was at Guitar Center but I remember the sound and feel of a Taylor 214ce I tried but wish I could try some others. Looking forward to trying a few more so I can decide what to buy.

Cheers,

$, per forum rules
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 05:50:47 AM by TaylorGirl »

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #337 on: April 30, 2020, 05:51:41 AM »
Welcome to the forum Jack. Good information here to help in your search for a new Taylor.
Susie

Lonesome Jack

« Reply #338 on: June 06, 2020, 04:24:14 PM »
Greetings to all of you guitar lovers!  I first started playing guitar at 13.  I am older now.  Several years ago, I bought a GS Mini and loved it.  However, my younger daughter also loved it. After several transparent hints that she coveted it, I gave it to her for her 25th birthday.  I am thrilled that she shares my enchantment for acoustic guitars, but miss that little guitar.  A couple of weeks ago, I received an offer for 48 months of free money for a Taylor guitar.  I jumped, took a tour through their lineup, ordered, unseen and unplayed, a 714ce V-Class Western Sunburst. Yeah, I know, how frivolous, how unwise.  But, I have played enough Taylors to know that this guitar is gonna rock my little world.  Can't wait to get my clumsy mitts on it!  I look forward with glee to sharing thoughts, fun, and knowledge with all of you other guitar lovers.  To shamelessly and frivolously paraphrase a well known Winston Churchill quote; "There is nothing better for the inside of a person than the outside of a guitar."
There is nothing better for the inside of a person than the outside of a guitar.

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #339 on: June 06, 2020, 04:32:00 PM »
Welcome Jack, be sure to let us know when you get your 714ce.
Susie

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
« Reply #340 on: June 06, 2020, 04:52:24 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Jack!

We have something in common - I'll be taking delivery on a 714 V class western burst next week. She's a beauty, and according to my dealer, she lives up to Taylor's hype relative to sound. Can't wait! Enjoy your new companion!

Lonesome Jack

« Reply #341 on: June 06, 2020, 08:59:38 PM »
Howdy Mr. Strummin!  Sounds like you also had to put in an order for a newly built guitar?  Let's see who gets to post a happy photo first! Also, we can compare serial #s to see who has the more "vintage" guitar Good luck with yours as well.
There is nothing better for the inside of a person than the outside of a guitar.

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
« Reply #342 on: June 07, 2020, 12:49:32 PM »
Howdy Mr. Strummin!  Sounds like you also had to put in an order for a newly built guitar?  Let's see who gets to post a happy photo first! Also, we can compare serial #s to see who has the more "vintage" guitar Good luck with yours as well.

Here's my serial number: 202030103. Mine was started a while ago and delivered to my FGS. However, it had incurred a blemish on the top due to a faulty case during shipping. So back it went to the factory for repair and a case replacement. Then  Covid-19 shut down the El Cajon factory for weeks! Finally, Taylor reopened, did the repair and shipped the guitar back to my FGS this past week. I should have it by this Thursday! Here's a teaser shot:

TrampsLikeUs

« Reply #343 on: June 10, 2020, 10:57:17 AM »
After 35 years of bang'n out chords on my Washburn,  I've decided to buy some new guitars and start taking some lessons.  Fulfilling a promise I made to myself after I retired last November.  I recently purchased a PS-18 Taylor.  After mentioning to my "teacher" that I wanted to install a pick-up,  he asked,  "are you sure you want to put a hole in that beautiful guitar?"  So, on my first day here in the forum ,   I'm asking for opinions.  The PS-18 is a Brazilian rosewood back,sides and sunburst front. I do have other Taylor guitars.  A K14 and a gs mini koa.  Both with electric pick-up. So,  should I or shouldn't I ?

TrampsLikeUs
1985 Washburn D-12CE
2015 Ibanez Artcore AS73-TBC Electric
Washburn WCG66SCE GA Acoustic
Fender Statocaster SRV 1997 artist series
Taylor 856ce 12 string Indian Rosewood
Taylor K-14 2019 KOA Builder Edition
Taylor 2019 GS-Mini Koa  (2)
Taylor PS-18 2015 Tobacco Sunburst Sitka Spruce Top, W/ Brazilian Rosewood back/sides
Taylor GA Custom 2019 Sinker Redwood Top/ Cocobolo back/sides

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #344 on: June 10, 2020, 12:26:06 PM »
Welcome Tramps.
Wow, from a Washburn to a PS-18. Good on you! I'd love to see pictures of it, if you have the time.
You might get better feedback on your question, if you start a new thread dedicated to that.
Susie