Welcome to the Unofficial Taylor Guitar Forum! > Welcome to the UTGF! Please introduce Yourself!

Hello Everyone and Welcome!

(1/74) > >>

jjrpilot-admin:
Hello Everyone!

I just thought that I'd get the ball rolling.  This is our first sub-forum.  I also believe that is is the most important.  It's place where "new" and "old" members alike can introduce themselves. 

This sub-forum really sets the tone for this forum/website.  I want all new members to know that they are extremely valued and welcomed!

I'll go first!  My name is Josh, and I'm the founder of this forum/website.  It was born out of a love to learn and discuss all things "Quality Taylor Guitars." 

Anyways, we'd love to have you join us!  I hope you all enjoy it here, and hope that you'll find our little community warm, friendly and inviting. 

davwir:
First, a big thanx to Josh for putting this new forum together.
I like the idea of idea of learning about each other with some introductory information as well..
I can't believe Josh's excitement and enthusiasm for all things Taylor, and he just got his first one this year! It's awesome, as only a few brands spark this kind of fervor among their fans in any market; besides Taylor I also happen to find myself drawn to some of the others as well, like Apple and Harley Davidson.

I'm Dave. I've been playing bass and guitar for almost 30 years now (holy cow, has it been that long!), since I was 13. I started buying, collecting, selling, and trading stuff pretty early on, though nothing of value until post college. I played in working bar and wedding bands a lot then as a side job, and always funneled any money I made playing music back into gear. In 1995, I was finally ready to buy a "good" acoustic, so I went shopping. I grew up on the east coast (I am on the west coast now), and had been to the Martin factory a few times, and everyone knew that name was the standard. In a little acoustic shop I went to, the dealer gave me a Taylor 810 to compare to the others I told him I was interested in.. I couldn't believe the difference in playability, and the quality of the build and tone. I even loved the case (I still miss those pink poodle Taylor-made cases). I walked out a Taylor owner, and a have been a fan, player, and collector ever since.

I believe they have continued to innovate in so many ways, and make their best products ever today.
Over the years I have managed to accumulate some nice guitars... I especially have been obsessed with Cocobolo ever since those 2008 Fall Limiteds hit. That Wood and Steel issue had me at first sight. I keep waiting for the GAS to mellow, but so far, it hasn't happened..lol.. I usually try to justify any new ones by agreeing to sell another one.. Those are the hardest choices ever, though!

I have been fortunate to have made a lot of great friends, even with some dealers and some Taylor staff over the years, thanx to this "hobby"..  I wish I had found the online Forums long ago, but I've only been a daily Taylor reader on the AGFs for a year or so now.. And I am exciting by the prospects of meeting all of you HERE, and in the official Taylor forum soon.

Happy playing!

barefooter:
Thanks Josh for creating the first new sub-forum  :)  I've been here since day two, but if you will excuse me, I need to introduce myself.  Oh, thanks for making this place a reality.....

Paul:
Hi guys,

Invited by JJrpilot and here I am.

I'm Paul from Malaysia started playing 3 yrs ago at 37yrs. My one and only guitar is FG730s and planning to get a Taylor in the near future.
I'm strumming most of the time at home or small groups. Keen to learn some fingerstyle playing at some point.

jjrpilot-admin:

--- Quote from: Paul on December 15, 2011, 01:00:19 AM ---Hi guys,

Invited by JJrpilot and here I am.

I'm Paul from Malaysia started playing 3 yrs ago at 37yrs. My one and only guitar is FG730s and planning to get a Taylor in the near future.
I'm strumming most of the time at home or small groups. Keen to learn some fingerstyle playing at some point.

--- End quote ---

Welcome Paul!!!!! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version