Author Topic: Guitars and a beautiful city waterfront...  (Read 2566 times)

Captain Jim

• Veteran Member
Guitars and a beautiful city waterfront...
« on: November 20, 2013, 07:30:25 PM »
My hind-end is sore from kicking myself over missing the Taylor Road Show that was near where we are visiting with our RV (and that I didn't know about until that night  ???).  I felt, I should swing by that guitar shop, 'cause... well, if Taylor was doing a Road Show there, they must be a good Taylor dealer.  Turns out, it was a good visit...

http://captnjim.blogspot.com/2013/11/love-that-waterfront.html

No, nothing followed me home, but they do have some beautiful Taylors there!  Sound Vibrations in Corpus Christi, TX, btw.

Best wishes,
Captain Jim

2014 Taylor 522ce 12-fret
2012 Taylor 814ce
2006 Taylor T-5
2011 Taylor GSmini
2013 Rainsong Shorty SG-FLE
Gibson ES-335-TDC (1965)
Bose L1 Compact
Roland Cube-ST
Fishman Loudbox Mini

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: Guitars and a beautiful city waterfront...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 08:33:34 PM »
Jim.....is this where they came up with the saying....
"A day late and a dollar short."      ?

Kinda fits, huh?

You mean you couldn't find even one Taylor that needed a good home?
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

CodeBlueEMT

• Veteran Member
  • In Dog Beers, I've Only Had One
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 11:02:46 PM »
 Nice entry Captain Jim. Those all Texans on the wall outside? Pretty cool. Kinda gangster...lol. ;)
Shayne

2023 Gibson Custom '57 Les Paul Goldtop
2017 Taylor T5z Pro SE "Erwin"
2014 Taylor 524ce
2013 Martin 000-28EC Sunburst
2011 Taylor 314ce
2008 Taylor SB-1 Classic
1999 Taylor XXV-DR 25th Anniversary
Hard Knocks Custom Esquire "Miss Bettie"

Captain Jim

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 09:03:53 AM »
Jim.....is this where they came up with the saying....
"A day late and a dollar short."      ?

Kinda fits, huh?

You mean you couldn't find even one Taylor that needed a good home?

Plenty of beautiful guitars just waiting for someone to take them home.  Not every visit to a guitar shop results in a new acquisition... but definitely a day late.  Still kicking myself... that's what I get for not spending MORE time on the internet, huh?  ;)   I will need a bigger guitar room to add anything else.  One in, one out would work, but I am very content with the current guitar "family."  Still fun to look, though.

They did have a pretty amazing K24 with beautiful figuring.  And a 522 with no cutaway.  And...   8)

Best wishes,
Jim
2012 Taylor 814ce
2006 Taylor T-5
2011 Taylor GSmini
Gibson ES-335-TDC (1965)
Bose L1 Compact
Roland Cube-ST
Fishman Loudbox Mini

mikeguywest

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 11:23:16 AM »
I hate missing Road Shows! I mostly miss them due to timing and/or location. It might be worse to know they are happening right now, but not being able to be there. Nevertheless, it is a good excuse (as if we needed any) to drop in and play a few nice guitars even after the fact. Leaving a guitar store without bring one home is like leaving a pet shop with all of those sad puppy eyes looking at you as you walk out leaving them there. Oh, the agony!

cigarfan

• Veteran Member
  • If He comes today ...........are you ready?
    • I Ignite!
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 11:27:42 AM »
I love the feeling of GAS welling up inside you. It is a challenge to keep it under control but the visits to a "good" shop are always exhilarating.

As always, nice write-up and pics.
Blackbird, Froggy Bottom, Gibson, Goodall, Hatcher,
Kanile'a, Kinnard, Kwasnycia, Martin, Rainsong,
Ryan, Santa Cruz, Taylor, Voyage Air, Weber

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 01:02:59 PM »

Plenty of beautiful guitars just waiting for someone to take them home.  Not every visit to a guitar shop results in a new acquisition... but definitely a day late.  Still kicking myself... that's what I get for not spending MORE time on the internet, huh?  ;)   I will need a bigger guitar room to add anything else.  One in, one out would work, but I am very content with the current guitar "family."  Still fun to look, though.

They did have a pretty amazing K24 with beautiful figuring.  And a 522 with no cutaway.  And...   8)

Best wishes,
Jim
[/quote]

Yes, I am very content with my current line up to.  I am done buying guitars.  I will never look at another guitar, my eyes will never stray.  I swear I will never need another guitar.   I swear I will never need another guitar.   I swear I will never need another guitar.  ;D ;D ;D
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

Captain Jim

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 09:17:32 PM »
Yes, I am very content with my current line up to.  I am done buying guitars.  I will never look at another guitar, my eyes will never stray.  I swear I will never need another guitar.   I swear I will never need another guitar.   I swear I will never need another guitar.  ;D ;D ;D

Well, I have learned to never say never... but, really, I'm not in the market for another guitar.  Now, need another guitar?  Well, that's different.  ;)  It was fun to look around and talk to someone very excited about all things Taylor.

If you ever make it to Sound Vibrations in Corpus Christi, Eric would be your guy.

Best wishes,
Jim

2012 Taylor 814ce
2006 Taylor T-5
2011 Taylor GSmini
Gibson ES-335-TDC (1965)
Bose L1 Compact
Roland Cube-ST
Fishman Loudbox Mini

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 09:27:51 PM »

Well, I have learned to never say never... but, really, I'm not in the market for another guitar.  Now, need another guitar?  Well, that's different.  ;)  It was fun to look around and talk to someone very excited about all things Taylor.

If you ever make it to Sound Vibrations in Corpus Christi, Eric would be your guy.

Best wishes,
Jim

This is a statement about myself.  I just got a new one and already have seen something rather nice that would fill that gap in my line up.  But what I really need is a great deal of Tums to cure the GAS.   My new montra is " I swear I will never need another guitar".  we will see how long that lasts.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.