Author Topic: Taylor custom GA purchased from Guitar Rodeo  (Read 1612 times)

gdeleo

• Veteran Member
  • Baton Rouge, LA
Taylor custom GA purchased from Guitar Rodeo
« on: October 10, 2013, 09:39:55 PM »

Guitar Rodeo sold a used guitar this year that was originally purchased by me. It was a 2010 custom GA with engleman top and EIR backs and sides. It had Koa binding with Gotoh gold tuners and it had a venetian cutaway. It also had a ebony headstock with the gloss ebony truss rod cover.
It did not have any electronics and had a clear pickguard installed. The serial number is 1107200067.

If you purchased this guitar from Jim this year, please reply to this message or pm me. I would like to talk to you about it...

Thanks

Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Gary
2013 Bourgeois OMC Custom
2014 Collings OM2HVN

Chedeng88

Re: Taylor custom GA purchased from Guitar Rodeo
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 06:48:55 PM »
I doubt Jim can give you the buyer's information directly for privacy reasons, but I'm sure you could ask Jim to forward your message and contact info to the buyer.

gdeleo

• Veteran Member
  • Baton Rouge, LA
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 07:44:15 PM »
I did just that.  Jim told me that since they are not Taylor dealers any longer that a lot was going on, and he really couldn't get that information.

Gary
2014 Collings OM2HVN

SkyHigh

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 11:52:49 PM »
What does not being a Taylor dealer anymore have to do with finding out who bought the guitar from him??? Dealers keep record...or suppose to. It should take him a whole minute if that.

stepchildusmc

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 07:29:02 AM »
What does not being a Taylor dealer anymore have to do with finding out who bought the guitar from him??? Dealers keep record...or suppose to. It should take him a whole minute if that.
it's priveledged information. they can't just hand it out. might as well give out the credit card # used also.
Steppy
2008 NAMM Hot Rod(GA)
2013 spring ltd. 616 ce
2013 616 ce(honeyburst)
2011 Adamas 2080Sr
2014 324
2014 GS mini Hog
2013 GS mini Spruce
2014 GS mini Engelmann (HV)
only thing lacking is the talent !

SkyHigh

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 11:27:54 AM »
it's priveledged information. they can't just hand it out. might as well give out the credit card # used also.

I understand. However the OP replied, he could not GET that info. He did not say he could not GIVE that info.

Ted @ LA Guitar Sales

• Veteran Member
    • LA Guitar Sales
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 02:19:50 PM »

Not being a Taylor dealer anymore has absolutely nothing to do with it. As I suggested on the AGF to the OP, he could ask Jim to forward his request to the new owner and let the new owner decide if he wants to make contact or not, but it's really up to Jim if he feels it would be proper to do even that.

gdeleo

• Veteran Member
  • Baton Rouge, LA
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 05:18:15 PM »
Thanks for all of the post.  Jim is one very nice person and it has been a pleasure dealing with him with Taylor guitars.  Just like I am sure that there are other Taylor dealers that are just as great to deal with.  I did ask him for the information of the person that purchased my guitar as well as if he could send my information to that person.  He must of thought that this is not something that he felt was the correct thing to do.  So for what ever his reason I have to respect his decision in this matter and move on.
The reason that I posted this in the 1st place here and on AGF was I thought the person that purchased this guitar may visit one of these forum's and would respond.
Since then I have found a replacement Taylor BTO guitar which is very much similar to the one I had except it has a cedar top.  I should be getting it this week and will post pictures when it arrives.
So thanks to all who have responded.
Gary
2014 Collings OM2HVN