Author Topic: New around here!  (Read 1153 times)

Jeff Scott

New around here!
« on: September 16, 2013, 08:12:30 PM »
Hi folks.  :)  I have been reading this forum on and off since last summer when i got my first Taylor, a NOS '01 512C that a Fishman I-Beam was added to.  Sad to say it got replaced shortly thereafter when i came across a second hand custom built Martin (I couldn't justify keeping both).

This past Friday was supposed to be a Road Show at my local Sam Ash but it got cancelled due to a power failure at the store. So, I went in Saturday and I had the opportunity to go into the back room and play any/all of the instruments brought in for the show and I waked out with another NOS (!), this time a '10 NS62CE.  What a great guitar!  8)  I have played a few very nice nylon string guitars (Yamaha, Ramirez, Contreras, Martin) over the years but this one feels like none of them, in a good way.  I was never truly satisfied with the feel of a typical (normal) classical/nylon string instrument so major kudos to Bob & Co. for creating their Nylon series of guitars.

I have been playing since 1971(drums before that for a few years), both guitar and, primarily, electric bass; I started with bass and then borrowed a friend's steel string acoustic a few months later.  I have been spending a lot more time concentrating on my guitar playing doing mostly fingerstyle original music (I wrote my first song in 1974), although I have been revisiting my early bass roots and am finally learning "I've Seen All Good People".  8)  8)  8)

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: New around here!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 08:23:25 PM »
Welcome Jeff. Would love to see pics of your new Taylor. We have more and more folks here with Taylor nylons.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

stepchildusmc

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 09:46:19 PM »
welcome in Jeff. you've been stalking a great site. glad you joined...stalking's kinda...well it's...umm....darn it's downright eerie!
Steppy
2008 NAMM Hot Rod(GA)
2013 spring ltd. 616 ce
2013 616 ce(honeyburst)
2011 Adamas 2080Sr
2014 324
2014 GS mini Hog
2013 GS mini Spruce
2014 GS mini Engelmann (HV)
only thing lacking is the talent !

Jeff Scott

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 10:23:51 PM »
Well, I haven't exactly been "stalking", it's been quite a while since I last "visited"!  I spend most of my time over at the Rick Resource Forum, actually.  I have had a lot of Rick basses and guitars going back to 1973.

I need to get back to my camera use and make some photos of the NS62CE.  I used to do photography professionally (mostly 4x5 view camera landscape and architectural) and I ran a custom black & white photo lab for over 21 years; I've done custom hand made prints for many clients worldwide.  Here are a couple examples of my photography:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 10:30:36 PM by Jeff Scott »

CodeBlueEMT

• Veteran Member
  • In Dog Beers, I've Only Had One
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 12:36:29 AM »
 Hi Jeff. Welcome to the UTGF. Congrats on the new nylon. I prefer "lurking" myself.  ;) I have no photography skills and I'm colorblind. Those black and whites are nice.  :) Enjoy.
Shayne

2023 Gibson Custom '57 Les Paul Goldtop
2017 Taylor T5z Pro SE "Erwin"
2014 Taylor 524ce
2013 Martin 000-28EC Sunburst
2011 Taylor 314ce
2008 Taylor SB-1 Classic
1999 Taylor XXV-DR 25th Anniversary
Hard Knocks Custom Esquire "Miss Bettie"

Jeff Scott

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 11:34:19 PM »
A little more of my background/history.  Here is a video of a band I was in a few years ago playing an original song of mine.  That's me with the Rickenbacker in my hands.  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTO2fw5Q1oQ

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 10:27:51 AM »
Welcome to the forum.  Nice example of your photography.  How about some Taylor pictures. 
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.