Author Topic: Taylor 2013 Spring Limiteds  (Read 25773 times)

Glen

Re: Taylor 2013 Spring Limiteds
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2013, 08:48:33 PM »
Talk to your favorite dealer and you will find that they are being offered in very limited release.  .....
I think if you call anyone of the sponsors in this forum they will confirm how limited the 6's are...

Limited for now but I guess not for long. These 2013 LTDs must be from the same multi-colored ebony trees which Bob says 19 are chopped down before a  20th tree (on the average) will yield black ebony suitable for fretboards and bridges.  There must be tons of such lumber on the Cameroon jungle floor. Taylor found a use for them.

Read post above. I don't know Jim at Guitar Rodeo personally but he is one of the most knowledgeable Taylor dealers around.  If Jim is correct than your statement is rather ill informed.

Nomad

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2013, 09:06:28 PM »
Is it just me, or is the Snarkiness Meter pegged?

:o

zeebow

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2013, 11:20:38 PM »
ltd usually have more "value" bc to get similar options in a BTO would be more money.

they are all rare, hence the limited name....I guess if you're relatively new to Taylor this would come as a shock.

in terms of not being able to share price, his house, his rules. who cares. if you want to know pricing you can just message vendors here.

to be honest, you can see pricing anywhere bc most authorized dealers are going to bar similar pricing.

Yes, I am pretty new to Taylor. I think I have only owned 20 different Taylors over the last 20 years. I have been playing for 40 years. I currently have a 2012 KOA LTD and 2012 Coco LTD. Neither of those are RARE because both could be purchased BTO. NOT ALL Taylor LTD's are rare. Go look at dealer inventories and you will find many past LTD's over the last couple years sitting in inventory or being sold on Ebay as used ;-).  Some have wood combinations that are NOT BTO available (like the 6XX 2013's).

I had two prominent dealers tell me the qty of 6XX's they were getting.  My point was two fold. They appear to be a great value and they appear to truly be limited which has not been the case in recent years for many limiteds.   I do understand not discussing unpublished pricing. However, mentioning a published "LIST" (not map) price seems harmless but rules are rules.

that's awesome you had 20 Taylor's and you played for a long time, it really is, I'm not being sarcastic.

I guess my point is, in my opinion, ltds are pretty much good bang for the buck. they are more "rare" than production lines, right? yea, you can get some in BTO options, but not at the same price.

I guess you're excited by the 6 series ltd, and if so, it's pretty cool you're trying to give us a heads up on what you think is of value. to me personally, the spring ltds do nothing for me (which like I said before I'm actually thankful for)

to me, I don't see the 6 series ltd to be good value and I could care less if it was rare. then again I'm not a collector and don't plan on buying a lot of guitars

as they say, ones mans trash is another mans treasure

sounds like you should go for the 6xx ltd.

in terms of prices, man I don't know why they don't want to talk about it, but I don't worry about it and I just try to learn things and talk about cool guitars. the guy who created this site took his own time and initiative to get it started from AGF and I think It's pretty cool he did.

even if I don't agree with the rules, I just abide and don't sweat the details.

I'd love to see photos of your guitars and hear your impressions of them bro, no hard feelings
1995 912C - englemann/eir
2009 xxxv-p - sitka/madagascar
2010 414ce - sitka/ovangkol (made on my wedding day!)
2011 914ce - cedar/eir
2014 martin 000-28 custom - adi/cocobolo
2017 BTO GC 12 fret - lutz/cocobolo
2019 BTO GC 12 fret - cedar/cocobolo
2019 sheeran w03 - cedar/santos rosewood
2019 lowden s35 12 fret - driftwood cedar/cocobolo
2020 lowden s35 12 fret alpine spruce/madagascar
2023 lowden wee wl-35 12 fret - driftwood cedar/madagascar
2023 martin 00-28 modern deluxe - sitka/eir

zeebow

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2013, 11:25:07 PM »

lol yea. to be honest, when he started questioning rules, it set off a trigger to me about my co worker always complaining and questioning rules and policies

so I'll give him benefit of the doubt and assume he was just passionate about what he perceives to be a good guitar

I'll man up and say things are taken out of context on the net

everyone has their own opinion right?
2011 914ce - cedar/eir

zeebow

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2013, 11:30:39 PM »
I'm just wondering how someone could build a "sample" BTO when the wood isn't even on the list.

Not sure what you mean by "sample" BTO but we've built a number of BTO's using off list wood sets. To gain access to these very limited sets a dealer needs to show up at the factory with a couple of pies. Apparently Bob Taylor has a sweet tooth and likes to sample pies from different bakeries. Please don't tell anybody about this.

so you can have your cake....and eat it too?
2011 914ce - cedar/eir

Glen

« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2013, 08:07:14 AM »

lol yea. to be honest, when he started questioning rules, it set off a trigger to me about my co worker always complaining and questioning rules and policies

so I'll give him benefit of the doubt and assume he was just passionate about what he perceives to be a good guitar

I'll man up and say things are taken out of context on the net

everyone has their own opinion right?

I am not questioning the rules? AS I SAID rules are rules and I will abid by them. If I don't like them then I shouldn't post or cancel membership. This is a service and the owners have every right to establish any rules they feel suits the format of this forum. MY UNDERSTANDING of the rules was not to discuss prices that dealers are offering or what a guitar is worth, ect, ect. I did NOT know they applied to LIST PRICES published by manufacturers on the website and public domain.

Funny, I rarely post on any forum for this very reason. As I previously stated my whole point was to just mention what a nice value the 6XX 2013's were and appear to be in more limited than many LTD's in recent years.  The few times over the last year I have posted I have had some nice information responded to me. I thought the Taylor crowd was a different bunch (in a good way)over another brand that have some pretty strong opinions. I thought wrong...

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2013, 02:17:58 PM »
Glen, sorry you misunderstood the pricing policy--you certainly aren't the first though. ;) You are good by me, and I hope to see you continue posting. :)

Cindy

GtrgRrl

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2013, 06:10:54 PM »
Wood update on the 600 series Spring Limiteds.....

Just received word that Taylor ran out of the African Ebony wood sets for the 600 limiteds, so for no upcharge, they will be using Macassar Ebony on about 100 guitars.    It's like we're getting two limited editions within a limited edition!   :)

This is important for people to know, though, in case you've always wanted a Macassar Ebony instrument or if you have your heart set on the African Ebony.  You'll want to ask your FLGS which Ebony they have.
“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.”   Keith Richards

www.portlandmusiccompany.com

mauisunset

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2013, 06:34:14 PM »
Hmmm...so, they run out of wood on a limited edition?  Something about that sounds funny.   :o
1. 1997 414ce (Sitka/African Mahogany, pinless bridge, satin finish)
2. 2007 Baby (BT1)
3. 2002 Fender CIJ Telecaster w/ Bigsby & Mastery Bridge
4. 2012 Builder's Reserve VII (12 fret Hog)

GtrgRrl

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2013, 07:25:52 PM »
Hmmm...so, they run out of wood on a limited edition?  Something about that sounds funny.   :o
My guess (and seriously, this is merely a guess) is that they.....

A: Either they sold more than they originally planned to......

or

B: They ended up having some kind of issues with the sets that they set aside for the edition.

I will see if I can find out more on this, but thought it was pertinent information to share since this seems to be somewhat of an unusual situation.
“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.”   Keith Richards

Guitar Rodeo

• World's largest independent Taylor Guitar dealer
    • Guitar Rodeo Company
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2013, 10:44:14 AM »
My guess (and seriously, this is merely a guess) is that they.....

A: Either they sold more than they originally planned to......

or

B: They ended up having some kind of issues with the sets that they set aside for the edition.

I will see if I can find out more on this, but thought it was pertinent information to share since this seems to be somewhat of an unusual situation.

I think they ran into issues with part of the batch they were going to use, or that's what I interpreted when my rep and I spoke about it. Interesting development. Unfortunately we have to wait until the middle of the month to see how big of an upgrade it is....
Jim Tordoff
Guitar Rodeo Company
Specializing in Taylor, Santa Cruz, Carmel, Morris, Huss & Dalton and Breedlove Guitars
http://www.guitarrodeo.com
877 487-6336

Fire

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2013, 01:26:42 PM »
Jim,

Did you get any of your 2013 600 series SLTDs yet?

I read on the other forum that the replacement Macassar ebony are more of the marbled type (Walnut-like) rather the more common striped kind.

2011 Taylor FLTD GA Koa 12-Fret
2015 Taylor T5z Pro
2015 Martin 000-15m

mauisunset

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2013, 05:35:11 PM »
Jim,

Did you get any of your 2013 600 series SLTDs yet?

I read on the other forum that the replacement Macassar ebony are more of the marbled type (Walnut-like) rather the more common striped kind.

That sounds really nice...I'd like to see pictures when they're available. 
2. 2007 Baby (BT1)

GtrgRrl

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2013, 06:39:43 PM »
My understanding at this point is that they didn't yield as many sets from the wood as they expected to.
A variety of reasons can make that happen.  Needless to say, this is an interesting development.

mauisunset

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2013, 06:51:07 PM »
Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. It's an interesting development. 
2. 2007 Baby (BT1)