Author Topic: New to Talyor and the forum  (Read 2483 times)

hornrocker

New to Talyor and the forum
« on: March 14, 2013, 01:36:18 PM »
Hi,

Been playing way too long to not be any better than I am....  but, hey, love it anyway.

Love my new, and first Taylor.

Mark
I got stuff

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: New to Talyor and the forum
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 02:26:56 PM »
Mark, welcome, glad you are here.

Happy to hear you love your new, first Taylor. That is what it's all about. Soon you'll be thinking about your second Taylor.  :)
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

shorty

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 03:56:49 PM »
Welcome Mark! Make yourself at home!!

gdeleo

• Veteran Member
  • Baton Rouge, LA
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 04:21:47 PM »
Welcome Mark!  Glad you like your new Taylor.  Enjoy it!
Gary
2013 Bourgeois OMC Custom
2014 Collings OM2HVN

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 04:59:34 PM »
Hello Mark and welcome to the UTGF! :) Glad to hear you love your new 114ce as it is a fantastic model which will bring you lots of enjoyment. Have fun with it, but please be sure to pop in here and join in on our discussions. Nice to have you here with us! :D
Cindy

MartinD

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 05:50:55 AM »
Hi Hornrocker,
Welcome to the forum. You will find many friendly folks who will gladly answer any questions you may have.
Colossians 3:17

2013 Taylor 314 CE
2007 Taylor DN-5
Takamine EF-340scgn
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
UltraSound AG50-DS4 Acoustic Amp
Roland 15x Cube

Captain Jim

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 11:16:19 AM »
Welcome aboard, Mark.  A 114ce is what brought me into the Taylor fold.  It's remarkable, the feel and sound... and it runs through the whole Taylor family.  From what I gather in your post, we have some things in common: I played an Ovation for a lot of years (I see the 12 string in your signature); the electrics make me think that you have been (or still are) a rock 'n roller; and that time and "should be better" thing... yeah, I get it.

This forum is enjoyable and informative.  A small warning, though: these people are enablers.  ;)  Enjoy that new guitar!

Best wishes,
Captain Jim
2014 Taylor 522ce 12-fret
2012 Taylor 814ce
2006 Taylor T-5
2011 Taylor GSmini
2013 Rainsong Shorty SG-FLE
Gibson ES-335-TDC (1965)
Bose L1 Compact
Roland Cube-ST
Fishman Loudbox Mini

hornrocker

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 01:37:46 PM »
 ;D

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!  Looking forward to spending some quality time here.

Yep Cap'n I'm a rocker for the most part!

I don't post much, unless I feel I'm actually contributing.

Looks like there are some very helpful, and knowledgeable members here.... thanks again!
I got stuff

Jimmer

• My first Taylor is a GS Mini
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 09:48:59 PM »
Hi Hornrocker.. I'm new here also and new to the guitar playing world .. i have a gs mini that i love love love.. but I am thinking about and looking at the 114.. i don't need the ce. What do you think of yours so far.
Also.. and anyone can help me with this.. is there a difference in play ability between the 114 and the 114ce.. may be a stupid question but hey.. i'm learning..

Thanks all
GSMini
214sb

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 01:13:54 AM »
Hi Hornrocker.. I'm new here also and new to the guitar playing world .. i have a gs mini that i love love love.. but I am thinking about and looking at the 114.. i don't need the ce. What do you think of yours so far.
Also.. and anyone can help me with this.. is there a difference in play ability between the 114 and the 114ce.. may be a stupid question but hey.. i'm learning..

Thanks all

Welcome! :)

Not a stupid question at all! Both guitars should have the same playability. That's the wonderful truth about Taylors. Whether you're playing a 100 series or their top of the line Presentation series, they all play the same. They're soooo consistent!
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

hornrocker

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 01:54:06 PM »

Thanks all

Hey Jimmer - a big welcome back at ya!  I LOVE my 114ce!

While I agree to a certain point with jjrpilot, I will say that it's been my experience that, even with a manufacturer like Taylor, playability will usually be very similar, but not exactly the same - even within the very same model.

I've gone through entire walls full of the same brand/style of guitar, and found than SOME can be much better that SOME.  My point is that ONLY YOU can feel, hear, and smell what ya like, so grab 'em and try 'em yourself!

As a note - I LIKE the ce's not so much for the electronics, but for the actual cutaway - as YOU get better, you will also be looking for easier access to the frets that reside on that other side of the body!

Good Luck with your playing and future guitar adventures!

Mark
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 01:56:26 PM by hornrocker »
I got stuff

Jimmer

• My first Taylor is a GS Mini
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 10:28:15 PM »
Thanks for the feed back guys. Now I'm looking ahead at my 3rd Taylor. A cutaway. For now I'll stay focused on the 114.
GSMini
214sb

theguitarguru

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 09:44:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum Mike. Enjoy your first Taylor!
If you registered in this forum, you are my 2nd family