Author Topic: Hey everyone!!  (Read 1052 times)

joerogrz

Hey everyone!!
« on: February 19, 2013, 08:07:07 PM »
Hi guys! I'm Joe and I'm a big Taylor fan from Tennessee. I've been playing since 95 and I got my first Taylor in 2003. My first acoustic was a Fender DG15-SB. I lost it in a pawn shop like a dummy. After that I had a few Washburns and an Ibanez Talman acoustic. I had always wanted to try one of the higher end guitars since all I had played were acoustics in the 100-300 range.

So while I was stationed in Jacksonville FL in the Navy I started looking around to see what was out there. After a 6 month deployment, I went to a place that is now called George's Music. I had never heard of Taylor, but I really liked the way they looked so I started picking them up and playing them. I really liked all of them that I played. I remember the GA's very well, but the ones I was looking at were a little out of my range so I checked out the dreadnoughts since that was 99% of every acoustic I've ever played. I picked up a 310 and started playing it. I was still hesitant and I waited for a few days before I decided. I got the 310 and I've loved Taylor's ever since.

I kept it until I got out of the Navy and up until about 2005ish I sold it to pay tuition. I regret it to this day. I'm good at making bad decisions. Up until just this month I've done without a Taylor and went with a cheap Briarwood by Peavey up until this month when I found a used 110 online through Guitar Center. It was my reward for staying quit from smoking. That's what I tell everyone anyway. I actually got pretty lucky with this purchase. I went to several shops to try out several Taylor's before I made a decision and definitely knew I would be going with a cheaper one. I was happy with the 110 and I don't regret buying it. However, I do question my judgement seeing as how I purchased it online from the Cincinnati Guitar Center without ever seeing it. It's actually in really good shape except for some humidity issues, which is why I'm here. I will post that in the other section of the forums though.

I really rambled didn't I?

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Hey everyone!!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 07:49:52 PM »
Hi Joe and welcome to the forum. :) Taylors are terrific guitars as you already know. Good luck with finding out about your 110, and please keep us posted with its progress. :D
Cindy

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 09:24:02 AM »
Hi Joe,  Welcome aboard.  I started with a 110 as well, good choice.  Hope you get the information you need.  I like playing the guitar before I purchase, but many online companies will give you a trial period.  Don't be concerned about exercising it.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 11:52:48 AM »
Hi Joe, welcome!  Thanks for serving!  Make yourself at home!   ;D
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

shorty

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 03:46:14 PM »
Welcome Joe! Enjoy the forum...Lots to be learned!!