Author Topic: Why I Need Another Guitar  (Read 12844 times)

MikeB

Re: Why I Need Another Guitar
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2013, 10:12:09 AM »
Great read in this thread!
My wife gave up her one hobby (belly dancing), which didn't have a huge expense involved with it - weekly lessons, and outfits, of course.  I've been trying to get her to take it up again (it also gives me quiet time for recording once a week!)
When I bought my 310ce she used the expense as a 'dig' for weeks and weeks, couldn't understand why I would get a guitar that cost so much, etc.  She did admit at one point, though, that it sounded much better than my other acoustics.  ::) 
I remember the first time I pulled out my 72 Tele several years ago - I've had it since it was new - and she started questioning where I had got it, how much I spent, etc.  ;D  A few of my guitars have just been added to the collection without her knowledge.  "I've had that for years ..."

Lizzy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2013, 11:54:02 PM »
My situation is like Taylorgirl's except my husband does play some. I've had a few (clears throat) other marriages and have realized that when people get married they're still two separate people. You have to nurture not only the other person, but yourself too.

Crippled Lion

• "..though my path is planned, it's not rehearsed."
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2013, 08:27:21 AM »
My wife doesn't mind that I buy guitars, she just doesn't understand why.  To her, they all sound pretty much the same.  The differences between shapes, woods, pickups, amps are lost on her. 
'95 Taylor 555
'96 Taylor 450
'09 Taylor 414ce
'11 Taylor DN3
'11 Taylor GSmini

Jersey tuning

• Veteran Member
  • Quid Me Anxius Sum
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2013, 01:09:22 AM »
My wife sort of tolerates the " one of each type" argument. I have a 12 string a classical, an electric, but not a baritone................but I have no plans for campaigning for a harp guitar,..............
CURRENTLY PLAYING

'30 Martin 2-17 solid Mahogany
'97 Tacoma PK-30 Sitka/koa
'99 Alhambra 11C classical cedar/EIR
'05 TAYLOR 614ce 
'07 Breedlove Atlas 12-string Sitka/Mahogany
'10 Froggy Bottom "C" Adi/Brazilian   
'11 TAYLOR BTO GC 12-fret sinker/EIR.  
'14 Alvarez Baritone Sitka/Mahogany
'18 Cordoba hybrid Flamenco Euro Spruce/Ziricote
'23 M. Colbert Baritone Alaskan Sitka/Black Limba multiscale with Manzer wedge