Author Topic: The GA Mini that never was  (Read 1523 times)

dhalbert

The GA Mini that never was
« on: January 29, 2013, 08:41:04 PM »
I was rather idly reading the Taylor warranty, and noticed it listed the trademark name "GA Mini" in among all the rest of their trademarks. The "GA Mini" trademark was registered in March 2010 and abandoned in December 2012. GS Mini was registered in December 2009 and of course has not been abandoned.

I did a pretty thorough Google search and didn't find any discussion. I wonder if they were actually considering two sizes or whether it was just a possible alternate name. Did you ever hear anything about a GA Mini?

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
Re: The GA Mini that never was
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 11:06:35 PM »
I've never heard of that...very interesting......hmmm...
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

PureTone

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 11:23:21 PM »
It almost sounds like a 'back up' plan, if for some reason the GS Mini was not as popular as it was and continues to be.
Or, maybe there was going to be 2 models and when the GS Mini took off like gangbusters, the GA Mini idea was shelved.

Could there be a market for a GO Mini, with a 14 5/8" lower bout and a scale length slightly over 24" ?
If it were a 12 fret with 1 3/4" nut, it could make for a very fun and rather affordable parlor-type guitar.
It would probably be able to fit into a relabeled GS Mini hardbag.

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 07:17:39 AM »
Hi dhalbert and welcome! :) I've never heard about it either and am very impressed that you read all the details in the warranty! Great find and thanks for sharing. 8)
Cindy

cigarfan

• Veteran Member
  • If He comes today ...........are you ready?
    • I Ignite!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 03:50:13 PM »
Could there be a market for a GO Mini, with a 14 5/8" lower bout and a scale length slightly over 24" ?
If it were a 12 fret with 1 3/4" nut, it could make for a very fun and rather affordable parlor-type guitar.
It would probably be able to fit into a relabeled GS Mini hardbag.

Oh man, what an idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

That would be awesome.   8)
Blackbird, Froggy Bottom, Gibson, Goodall, Hatcher,
Kanile'a, Kinnard, Kwasnycia, Martin, Rainsong,
Ryan, Santa Cruz, Taylor, Voyage Air, Weber