Author Topic: iTunes rant...  (Read 1453 times)

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
iTunes rant...
« on: January 24, 2013, 10:10:57 AM »
Warning.....contains rant.... >:(  >:(  >:(

It just took me an hour to purchase, download, and sync my iPhone with iTunes after I purchased ONE song. Everytime I use iTunes I end up with some error message I end up having to research on the web which turns out plenty of other people have had and solved........if there are problems that require a warning then why don't you just fix it iTunes!!!!

iTunes never offers any solutions.  You'd think that this company with all the "geniuses" they have would be able to provide some customer service.

>:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

What's that?.....Oh, the song was Stones "Country Honk"......

edited for language
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 01:10:20 PM by UTGF-Team »

Nomad

• Veteran Member
Re: iTunes rant...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 10:39:16 AM »
You'd think that this company with all the "geniuses" they have would be able to provide some customer service.

Two words: Apple Store.

I've never left an Apple Store disappointed.

Saxacat

• Veteran Member
  • Northumberland, England.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 11:54:25 AM »
I don't touch anything Apple and certainly won't have iTunes on my computer.

I use a Sony Walkman music player and either load it via Windows Media Player or just drag and drop onto the device.

I buy my music from several sources (usually Amazon.co.uk but not exclusively).
Taylor GA-Ke
Yamaha LL16
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
Yamaha SLG100s

More money than ability.

Herb Hunter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 04:59:44 PM »
I have been using iTunes since it was first released and have never had any problems either on my laptop or on my iPhone. I once accidentally downloaded the same song twice and Apple promptly refunded my money.

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 05:11:04 PM »
I think I have some kind of reverse midas touch when it comes to computers.  My husband gets on, does his thing, signs off all in about 5 minutes.  Meanwhile an hour later I'm still there.......arghhhhhhh!!!

I always get all kinds of iTunes error messages and the device won't sync.  I've learned alot about how to work around it and have reset the iPod, phone, touch many, many times.

At least I got it downloaded and it's 5 o'clock somewhere right now so.........

Captain Jim

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 05:26:11 PM »
My experience has been the same as Herb's - we have plenty of Apple products and have never had an issue with iTunes.  Music, books, apps, podcasts - all easy.  Occasionally, there is a learning curve with an update (like with the most recent podcast app, separating it from the rest of iTunes), but it generally makes sense.

For full disclosure, we are a Mac household.  Our daughter used to run into an occasional issue with iTunes with their PC; no problems since they switched to an iMac.  And a MacBook Pro, an iPad, and a couple iPhones.  8) 

Reading in other threads here, I see that there are some people who use Martin strings on their Taylor!  :o

Hope future encounters with iTunes goes easier for you, TaylorPlayer516.

Best wishes,
Captain Jim
2014 Taylor 522ce 12-fret
2012 Taylor 814ce
2006 Taylor T-5
2011 Taylor GSmini
2013 Rainsong Shorty SG-FLE
Gibson ES-335-TDC (1965)
Bose L1 Compact
Roland Cube-ST
Fishman Loudbox Mini

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 11:25:19 PM »
I have been using iTunes since it was first released and have never had any problems either on my laptop or on my iPhone. I once accidentally downloaded the same song twice and Apple promptly refunded my money.
Ditto here for me to.  And yes I to have downloaded a song twice and it was promptly refunded.  After so many years and so many downloads, I am a very happy camper.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

jrporter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 12:02:23 PM »
Wow, where do I start? I love the access to music that my iPod Classic affords me so it was with a heavy heart that I realized that the battery had given up the ghost. I looked at prices of a new battery as well as prices for a new iPod and opted to go with a new iPod. I thought about plunking down about $240 for a new one, but learned that I could trade in my old one and pay less. That worked out great, and I paid $129 for a new iPod Classic. I assumed that it would be a simple task to sync the new one, but that's where the frustration began. After multiple calls to Apple Help, I learned that I needed to upgrade iTunes to the new version so it would talk to my new & improved iPod Classic. Then I learned that the older operating system on my iMac wouldn't accept the necessary version of iTunes. I returned to the Apple Store (about 120 miles round trip) and bought Mac OS X Snow Leopard. I have a really crummy Verizon 3G Hotspot for my internet connection so uploading, downloading, and installing Snow Leopard and the new iTunes was an exercise in futility. After talking to probably a half dozen Apple folks in the Help Center, I was ready to pull the plug and live without an iPod. However, I called one more time, ran through this whole litany, and figured that I'd get another non-answer. What I got instead was a guy who admitted that he didn't know how to help me but referred me to Doug, a supervisor in the Apps Dept. Doug, who had cut his teeth on Apple IIe and IIc machines back in the early 80s, walked me through the whole process and said that he wasn't getting off the phone until he knew that my woes had been solved. And you know what? Doug was a man of his word! Everything worked fine, Doug was incredibly apologetic about my spending so much time with others who couldn't help me, and I couldn't be happier. So for those of you who become frustrated with your Apple Products, just ask for Doug!!!!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 12:04:30 PM by jrporter »