Author Topic: 12 Fret guitars?  (Read 1596 times)

Legendary

12 Fret guitars?
« on: November 16, 2012, 08:57:03 PM »
I've been hearing a lot about 12 fret Taylor GS why are these so talk about it, why are they so popular can someone fill in the noob please?

M19

• Veteran Member
Re: 12 Fret guitars?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 07:27:47 AM »
I got a all-mahogany 12 fret GC a few months back, and if I had to use one word to describe its tone it would be "sweet." Some of that is from the mahogany top, but some is from the lower bridge placement. It is resonant without being boomy. The trebles are clear without being twangy (I have Newtone Masterclass PBs on it at the moment). The mids are most predominant.

As long as I'm on frets 1-4 I don't notice the geometry difference, but if I'm playing much above that, I switch to my left leg to move the neck out and up. It is a fine, fine instrument. Looks great too:

Marty B.
Multi-Brand Owner

cigarfan

• Veteran Member
  • If He comes today ...........are you ready?
    • I Ignite!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 07:44:12 AM »
I'm pretty sure Taylor does not have a 12-fret GS in their production line. There was a recent online offering that was shown as a GS 12-fret but that turned out to be a mis-print. It was actually a GA. That caused quite a stir as many of us have wondered what a GS 12-fret may be like.

The comfort of 12-frets in general is phenomenal! And the bridge placement brings out a really nice focused tone with added bass especially in the smaller body sizes. String tension is less so they fret easier than their 14-fret bretheren.

Hope that helps.
Blackbird, Froggy Bottom, Gibson, Goodall, Hatcher,
Kanile'a, Kinnard, Kwasnycia, Martin, Rainsong,
Ryan, Santa Cruz, Taylor, Voyage Air, Weber

Legendary

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 10:46:58 AM »
Thanks guys and sweet guitar by the way