Author Topic: Greetings from San Diego!!  (Read 2060 times)

dmccrider

Greetings from San Diego!!
« on: November 12, 2012, 03:31:44 PM »
Hi Everyone, just a quick shout out introducing myself to the forum. I grew up in Sacramento (where I still frequently go to visit family) but I'm proud to say I have been living in San Diego (home of Taylor Guitars) for the last 15yrs. I am a Taylor lover who owns two Taylor guitars, an '09 414ce fall limited in rosewood and a prototype parlor but I am still hoping to add a GS someday soon! I've been playing guitar for about 8yrs now and enjoy playing all kinds of rock and blues songs. As you may have guessed by my avatar I love music by the Grateful Dead and Jerry Garcia.  ;D Occasionally I like to play at some of the open mics around town. Anyway, I'm happy to have stumbled across this forum and to associate with other Taylor lovers out there! Long live Taylor Guitars! Cheers, dmccrider

CodeBlueEMT

• Veteran Member
  • In Dog Beers, I've Only Had One
Re: Greetings from San Diego!!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 05:20:20 PM »
 Hi Dmccrider. Welcome to the UTGF. Enjoy the site.  :)
Shayne

2023 Gibson Custom '57 Les Paul Goldtop
2017 Taylor T5z Pro SE "Erwin"
2014 Taylor 524ce
2013 Martin 000-28EC Sunburst
2011 Taylor 314ce
2008 Taylor SB-1 Classic
1999 Taylor XXV-DR 25th Anniversary
Hard Knocks Custom Esquire "Miss Bettie"

sachi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 11:21:00 PM »
Welcome from another Sandy Eggo resident. I think there are a few of us here. I'm in the Kensington neighborhood – where be you?

(And do you ride motorcycles? I assume the "dmcc" part of your name refers to a motorcycle club but I can't quite guess what it could be.)
Sachi

Kolaya Carmen, Trek parlor, Martin 000-28EC, Taylor GC-5 and 355.

dmccrider

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 01:24:16 PM »
Thanks sachi, I'm in Clairemont nearby Balboa/Genessee. Your close, I don't ride motorcycles but I am an expert mountain biker so I share a love for two wheels! I've been meaning to try dirt biking sometime, though I still feel pretty content with pedaling myself up and around the mountains. dmccrider is actually my initials along with the title of a blues song I was learning one day, I just happened to need a username and it sorta stuck. Glad to meet another San Diegan on the forum! I remember when I first became interested in Taylor it was only because I heard they were a local guitar maker, next thing I know I was touring the factory and meeting Bob as well as several of his employees/friends which stoked me on Taylor Guitars! We're pretty lucky to be living in Taylor country!  :)

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 01:44:17 PM »
Welcome, I'm jealous - you get to live in beautiful San Diego AND near the factory.

gdeleo

• Veteran Member
  • Baton Rouge, LA
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 02:08:51 PM »
Welcome dmccrider!  Please enjoy your stay here with us.
Gary
2013 Bourgeois OMC Custom
2014 Collings OM2HVN

jalbert

• I should be practicing
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 10:42:05 AM »
I'm in Clairemont nearby Balboa/Genessee.

Me, too. I live over behind Giovanni's/IHOP. Welcome to the UTGF!
James

'07 GA8-12
'19 Academy 12e-N

sachi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 02:49:19 PM »
Thanks sachi, I'm in Clairemont nearby Balboa/Genessee. You're close, I don't ride motorcycles but I am an expert mountain biker so I share a love for two wheels! I've been meaning to try dirt biking sometime, though I still feel pretty content with pedaling myself up and around the mountains.
Oh very cool. I love bicycling myself but I am a road rider rather than off-road.
Sachi

dmccrider

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 02:21:12 AM »
Thanks CodeBlue EMT, TaylorPlayer516, and gdeleo, I appreciate the shout out!

Jalbert, what a small world! You ever go to the open mic Sunday nights at Blarney Stone? You’re so close you could walk there!

sachi, I’ve got a Trek Madone that I'll ride occasionally but I’m scared of the drivers in this town + I like to get out to nature whenever opportunity knocks. Living right on Tecolote Canyon helps when time is short. A friend of mine once said “there’s two kinds or road riders… ones that have been hit by cars... and ones that are going to get hit by cars” ha ha I’d rather take my chances jumping off big rocks and stuff   ;D

sachi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 03:01:30 PM »
sachi, I’ve got a Trek Madone that I'll ride occasionally but I’m scared of the drivers in this town + I like to get out to nature whenever opportunity knocks.
Well, that makes sense. I'm comfortable in traffic, in part because I'm an aggressive rider and I make the road safe (or safer at least) by the way I ride. I rely on what used to be called Effective Cycling techniques; I think those techniques have another name now.  I know the San Diego County Bicycle Coalition offers classes that explain how best to ride on the streets.

That said, your off-road riding sure does sound fun!
Sachi

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 03:30:16 PM »
Here is a shout out on bicycles.  I am a avid Roadie and Mtn. biker
I have a Tommasini Tecno w/Campy road bike
and a Gary Fisher CAKE full suspension Mtn. bike
I never have to worry about traffic because we don't have traffic compared to San Diego.  On the plus side for mtn. biking is that I live 10 minutes from prime trails, I can go all most any time for a quick ride, or spend hours, it is great.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

dmccrider

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 11:44:56 PM »
sachi & mgap, right on guys! keep on enjoyin' the ride! I'm not really that scared of cars, I can handle myself on a bike pretty good.  ;D

« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 01:16:40 AM by dmccrider »