Author Topic: Hey everyone! Just another new member of your Taylor group! GC3  (Read 1926 times)

eclipse6985

Hey everyone! Just another new member of your Taylor group! GC3
« on: October 30, 2012, 12:48:34 AM »
Hey everyone well im officially onto my second Taylor after having a non pleasant experience with the new 9v es system on a 416ce and it just didnt record very well. Well I stumbled upon a new GC3 at my local GC. Been looking at getting a jm/om martin and played it but did nothing for me. Tried this GC3 and it was amazing. Had a lr baggs M1a pickup installed (great versatile pickup btw) so I had on the fly tone adjustment with the poles when plugged in or for direct recording. Amazingly that pickup senses top movement as well!  Sounds just like my GC3 only louder. Also had a local luthier friend polish the satin finish back and sides of the GC3 which was a breeze and came out stunning like a full gloss Taylor at 1/3 the price. Sorry Taylor I beat the system ;)
NEWEST additions Gibson songwriter deluxe standard EC and a Gibson Hawk 1999

Taylor Solidbody sb1

Taylor GC3 with LR Baggs FOR SALE

Fender reissue 72 custom
Fender Blues Jr NOS reissue

Bose L1C  FOR SALE

Custom built handwired distortion pedal

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Hey everyone! Just another new member of your Taylor group! GC3
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 11:21:14 AM »
Hey Eclipse!  It's great to have you here friend!  Congrats on your new Taylor!!!   ;D
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

CodeBlueEMT

• Veteran Member
  • In Dog Beers, I've Only Had One
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 09:13:38 PM »
 Hi Eclipse. Welcome to the site. Congrats on the new GC3, looking good. Enjoy the site.
Shayne

2023 Gibson Custom '57 Les Paul Goldtop
2017 Taylor T5z Pro SE "Erwin"
2014 Taylor 524ce
2013 Martin 000-28EC Sunburst
2011 Taylor 314ce
2008 Taylor SB-1 Classic
1999 Taylor XXV-DR 25th Anniversary
Hard Knocks Custom Esquire "Miss Bettie"

eclipse6985

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 09:36:05 PM »
Thanks guys! Glad to be hear since all my local friends bag on Taylor all the time...nice to be around fellow Taylor lovers. I have been searching around the forum for what other folks have thought about the taylor solidbody classic electric and seems kinda in line what with I have thought great instruments but just doesnt cut through a band mix like a tele or les paul. So I think its going to be time to let my solidbody go for sale. Love the acoustic though

Taylor Solidbody sb1

Fender reissue 72 custom

Bose L1C  FOR SALE

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 08:44:50 AM »
Welcome eclipse6985,  congrats on the new guitar and welcome to the forum. ;D
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

sachi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 01:51:41 PM »
Also had a local luthier friend polish the satin finish back and sides of the GC3 which was a breeze and came out stunning like a full gloss Taylor at 1/3 the price. Sorry Taylor I beat the system ;)
welcome to the forum, eclipse. I have to say, though, that you didn't beat the system-- you stIll bought a Taylor after all!
Sachi

Kolaya Carmen, Trek parlor, Martin 000-28EC, Taylor GC-5 and 355.

eclipse6985

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 03:53:17 PM »
Yes I did lol it beat out all the other OM's in the local GC here in Colorado and I dont like classical style tuners on the higher end versions of this guitar but wanted the gloss since satin isnt ideal for recording (rubbing on clothing noise). That 416ce was quite possibly the worst sounding recording guitar plugged direct in using the ES system unfortunately. My korean breedlove with lr baggs blew that one out of the water line in recording. Its a shame I wanted to love the ES system but between 5 repairs in a month on it and then sub par sound no more ES for me. Still love the Taylor acoustics though.

Taylor Solidbody sb1

Fender reissue 72 custom

Bose L1C  FOR SALE