Author Topic: Hi From Ontario  (Read 2328 times)

colchar

Hi From Ontario
« on: December 20, 2011, 11:34:49 AM »
I am in Ontario and am new to this forum (well I guess everyone is) and was invited over shortly after joining the AGF.

I have just recently joined the Taylor club as I bought my first one on Friday. I've posted a NGD thread in the appropriate section and, although I play more electric than acoustic, I somehow suspect that this will not be my only Taylor.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Faded
Epiphone ES-335 Dot
Taylor 110 Acoustic
VOX L'il Night Train
Hughes & Kettner Edition Tube 25th Anniversary

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Hi From Ontario
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 11:43:44 AM »
I am in Ontario and am new to this forum (well I guess everyone is) and was invited over shortly after joining the AGF.

I have just recently joined the Taylor club as I bought my first one on Friday. I've posted a NGD thread in the appropriate section and, although I play more electric than acoustic, I somehow suspect that this will not be my only Taylor.

Glad to have you sir!  Is it freezing in Ontario yet?  Here in KC, Missouri...it's about 35 degrees...that's cold enough for me!   ;D
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

colchar

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 12:04:20 PM »
Nah, we have had some cold days but it isn't even close to freezing. It will be about 10 degrees (celcius) tomorrow and about 5 degrees Christmas Day. We aren't even going to have a white Christmas (well some parts of the province will but southern Ontario, where the vast majority of the population lives, will not) which is fine with me as I hate snow.
Epiphone ES-335 Dot
Taylor 110 Acoustic
VOX L'il Night Train

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 05:30:06 PM »
Hi colchar and welcome to the forum! Brrr...please keep all your cold air up there! So how much snowfall do you get annually?

Congrats on the Taylor! Nice to meet you. :)
Cindy

colchar

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 07:59:23 PM »
Actually, our worst weather almost always results from air masses that make their way up here from Colorado so we blame you Americans for that  ;)

As I said, it isn't cold here right now as it will be about 10 degrees celcius tomorrow (that is about 50 degrees for you Americans) and will be 5 degrees on Christmas Day (41 degrees for the Americans).

Our snowfall varies each year where I am. A couple of years ago we had hardly any and cruised right through winter. It was worse last year but still wasn't what we would normally get. I forget what they expect this year to be like. We only average about 50 inches of snow per year so we only average about 10 inches more than a city like Pittsburgh would get. And, as I said, we haven't been anywhere near that the last couple of years. But I hate snow so any snowfall stinks for me.

Epiphone ES-335 Dot
Taylor 110 Acoustic
VOX L'il Night Train

revster

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 08:52:12 PM »
from  one in ontario to another, big welcome colchar. yes, it looks very green this year a little dusting would be nice for christmas. Iam about an hours north of London, Home of the Paddyfest.

barefooter

• West Virginia Hills
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 09:41:51 PM »
Welcome aboard Colchar.  I got a feeling you are going to enjoy it here.
Tom
2005 T5 C2
2010 814ce Tobacco Burst
and a few other pieces of equipment
Romans 1:16