Author Topic: Let's try it again  (Read 1694 times)

Von Beerhofen

Let's try it again
« on: July 26, 2012, 05:31:27 PM »
Hi all,

I'm Ludwig Von Beerhofen and I'll give this another try after receiving an e-mail from a concerned member (Thx Mr. Anonymous, just let me know if you want to see your name here and I'll change it, :) ). I really haven't introduced myself yet so let's try and restart from scratch here. After 10 years of struggling with a mild form of arthritis I decided to pick up guitar playing again and once again invested all I had in a new guitar because I read somewhere that movement was the best way to battle the desease. There were a few initial problems with it but the forum soon sorted things out for me and I became the proud owner of a 2011 Fall Limited Koa. I've been told that not everyone likes Koa tops as they tend to sound a bit dry. Well I like it dry, dry is what I need for my recordings and the guitar seemed a perfect pick, and it looked cool too. It's perhaps way to beautifull for an old ugly rocker like me but I was hoping it would deter people from looking at me and look more at the guitar, so they'd not notice how ugly I really am.
Perhaps some date may evolve from it or just a good conversation, it would all be fine with me as long as I don't have to be ashamed about my guitar. All I need now is a place where I can play, preferably without people walking out and with appropiate handholds to stay on my old tired legs while I play the stars from the sky, or whatever one would call it in real english.
You see I'm Dutch, old, decrepid, grumpy and a pain in the bottocks at times. Now most of this isn't a real problem for me, but being Dutch kind of bothers me. Why couldn't I have been Italian and goodlooking. Well, no use crying over spilled milk and I spill a lot of milk lately (arthritis, remember?).
I initially came here to find some help, which I got thx to this helpfull community. In return I thought I could perhaps liven this forum up a little, with some stupid annecdotes, funny stories and perhaps give a bit of help here and there if I can.
I'm not very good at any of it but I allways improve over time as practice makes perfect. You're ofcourse not obliged to read any of it either but if you don't ................ (<===== fill in what you like on the dots, just don't let us read it).
I'm not very good with english literature or a Taylor guitar so I hope people will take this into account, it's allready hard enough to type this stuff in my best possible english but I just don't understand slang, which can easily lead to misunderstandings and misinterpretations, and that's just not cool for an old decrepid grumpy fart who can hardly play a guitar.
If you think you play worse then me, which I don't think is at all possible, don't let it bother you, if you're young you'll have plenty of time to get where I am, and we can allways set up a competition and let the public decide.
I'll practise hard though and perhaps some day perhaps I'll let you listen to my rock version of 'Somewhere over the rainbow' or 'Fur Elise' or something, I allways liked those tunes. In fact there's hardly a tune that I don't like which is why I wanted to become a rockstar when I was still young, but as I got older I soon gave up on that, I just didn't have the looks and my 35 year old Ibanez simply doesn't cut it as a rock guitar for some reason. Oh, almost forgot, I couldn't get an interview with any of the record companies and Lord knows I really tried.
I hope I didn't offend too many people allready but rest asured I'll forgive you if you were at all, you're allowed to throw rotten apples at me when I have both my bodyguards by my side.
Thx for reading this and if you didn't read this, also thx. Hope we'll have a lot of fun inhere together, as fun is what keeps this world going.
Oh yes, and money, bling car, house on the bahamas, swimming pool, dog, but I don't have any of those so you better try and acquire those yourselves.

Merry tunes to all for now and beyond.

Ludwig.

but you can also call me old fart, grumps, pegleg, even ralph or whatever you feel is appropiate, as long as: it comes with a huge dose of humour, it's not meant denigrating and is within the reasonable boundaries of decency (you'll probably know where those are but if you don't we can discuss it in a P.M.)

please review rule #1
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 10:27:42 AM by UTGF-Team »

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
Re: Let's try it again
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 07:10:42 PM »
Well, VB - not sure what happened but let me just say congrats on the LTD Koa.  I have the 2010 LTD 516 Koa and LOVE IT!!!!  I love koa just like some like maple and mahogany - each to his own I say.  I'm in the que for a koa ukulele build this fall and I just picked up a little beauty - a Martin Style #5 koa terz guitar (my thread on that is over in The Lounge).

Nothing wrong with being Dutch, my family came over from that part of the world and I like tulips alot tho' they did cause a tiny bit of financial problems back in the 17th century......  I got to know a Dutch Army Officer and his family years ago and he was pretty cool so I'll bet you are too!  Besides, anyone with "beer" in their name is good in my book (I'm also Irish/English).

So welcome (belatedly) to the forum and I hope you are enjoying your Koa guitar.

P.S. - your English is WAY better than my Dutch...... ;)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 07:15:03 PM by TaylorPlayer516 »

CodeBlueEMT

• Veteran Member
  • In Dog Beers, I've Only Had One
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 07:28:38 PM »
  Welcome back friend.  8)
Shayne

2023 Gibson Custom '57 Les Paul Goldtop
2017 Taylor T5z Pro SE "Erwin"
2014 Taylor 524ce
2013 Martin 000-28EC Sunburst
2011 Taylor 314ce
2008 Taylor SB-1 Classic
1999 Taylor XXV-DR 25th Anniversary
Hard Knocks Custom Esquire "Miss Bettie"

oatordeal

• Veteran Member
  • Manila, Philippines
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 10:57:08 PM »
Good to see you are back! Hope all is well back there...Keep on playing!
Best regards,
Nims

814ce 2012
GS Mini Hog 2015
'52ri Fender Telecaster 2007

Von Beerhofen

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 08:58:36 AM »
Thx for the welcome guys, really hope my presence here will be usefull to either of us. As to what happened I also don't know but I'm on it, :)

Ludwig

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 09:43:03 PM »
Hope everything is okay with you, Ludwig. :D
Cindy

Von Beerhofen

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 10:22:05 AM »
I'm doing fine Cindy, thx. Working on a new composition for this guitar which isn't too hard to play. If I have a reasonable recording of it I'll publicise it at my soundclick page, :).

Ludwig