Author Topic: Another one....Bob Welch RIP....  (Read 2716 times)

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
Another one....Bob Welch RIP....
« on: June 08, 2012, 03:01:09 PM »
Jeez, I couldn't believe it when I heard the news last night.  Such a tragedy.......he only had a couple of big hits but his guitar playing was wonderful and I loved his voice.

RIP Bob.

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Another one....Bob Welch RIP....
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 03:27:14 PM »
Jeez, I couldn't believe it when I heard the news last night.  Such a tragedy.......he only had a couple of big hits but his guitar playing was wonderful and I loved his voice.

RIP Bob.

Ebony Eyes was a great song I enjoyed in my youth. 
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 04:26:31 PM »
Yes, the riff to Ebony Eyes is good and I liked Sentimental Lady as well - the videos were a little strange tho'.  They hardly ever talk about him being in Fleetwood Mac and apparently he did alot of song writing for them.

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 06:50:28 PM »
I really enjoyed Bob Welch in Fleetwood Mac.  Yes he did do writing for them.  I understand that he got along very well with the band after he left (or was replaced?). 
Something I read today about Bob.
Welch was a guitarist and vocalist for Fleetwood Mac from 1971 to 1974. He formed the British rock group Paris in 1976, and had hits including "Sentimental Lady" in 1977 and "Ebony Eyes" in 1978. Fleetwood Mac's Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham did backing vocals on "Sentimental Lady."

I also liked his version of Oh Well by Peter Green,Hypnotized,Bermuda Triangle,Hot Love Cold World,all good songs.

It is a shame, he was told by doctors that he would not recover fully from his surgery.

I looked on iTunes and they do not list any albums from Fleetwood Mac when Bob was in the band.  Four albums.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.