Author Topic: Hello from South Florida  (Read 1685 times)

ewalling

Hello from South Florida
« on: June 01, 2012, 12:42:32 PM »
Hi everyone!

I'm a new Taylor owner from Miami. Popped into GC last weekend and they'd just got a sparkling new GC-3 in. Sat down and played it (fingerstyle player here), and the bond was instant - boy, did it sound and feel good! The decision to buy was more or less instant. I had one of these - an electric-acoustic version - around 5 years ago, but that one did not sound as good as this one. I was one who thought that "Taylors weren't really for me"; however, I now have evidence that they can build one gorgeous-sounding and playing guitar without breaking the bank.

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
Re: Hello from South Florida
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 12:44:05 PM »
Welcome, Timcito - I grew up in the area and love the GC in Hallandale.

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 01:00:02 PM »
Hi Timcito and welcome to the forum! :) I've been to Florida twice...my grandparents used to own a house around the Hallandale area that TaylorPlayer516 just mentioned.

I'd love to try a GC sized Taylor in one of my local stores, but no one carries that size. :( In fact, it was only recently that I was finally able to try a GS Mini because no one could keep them in stock!
Cindy

ewalling

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 01:42:02 PM »
Hi Timcito and welcome to the forum! :) I've been to Florida twice...my grandparents used to own a house around the Hallandale area that TaylorPlayer516 just mentioned.

I'd love to try a GC sized Taylor in one of my local stores, but no one carries that size. :( In fact, it was only recently that I was finally able to try a GS Mini because no one could keep them in stock!

Hello Cindy and thanks for the welcome. That's a shame about the stores near you not stocking the GC size. Aside from the wonderful sound, these guitars are simply a delight to play comfort-wise. Maybe an online purchase from a dealer with a forgiving return policy would be the answer. Having said that, I've become much more of a play-before-you-play person over the last year or so.

ewalling

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 01:45:52 PM »
Welcome, Timcito - I grew up in the area and love the GC in Hallandale.

Hi TaylorPlayer! I've been to the Hallandale GC a few times and, yes, it's an impressive store. It is, however, a bit far for me to go often, unfortunately. We are lucky with the Kendall GC, though; the head acoustic guitar man is Mario, an ex-medical doctor who's also a virtuoso musician and all-round great guy. He has a few young guys working under him who are pleasant and quite knowledgeable, too.

CodeBlueEMT

• Veteran Member
  • In Dog Beers, I've Only Had One
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 04:28:47 PM »
 Hi Timcito. Congrats on purchasing your new GC-3. Welcome aboard. This is a great site.

I lived in West Palm Beach back in the early eighties. I remember a place (diner) around Hollywood called Lester's, they had these huge coffee mugs.
Shayne

2023 Gibson Custom '57 Les Paul Goldtop
2017 Taylor T5z Pro SE "Erwin"
2014 Taylor 524ce
2013 Martin 000-28EC Sunburst
2011 Taylor 314ce
2008 Taylor SB-1 Classic
1999 Taylor XXV-DR 25th Anniversary
Hard Knocks Custom Esquire "Miss Bettie"

ewalling

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 05:47:41 PM »
Hi Timcito. Congrats on purchasing your new GC-3. Welcome aboard. This is a great site.

I lived in West Palm Beach back in the early eighties. I remember a place (diner) around Hollywood called Lester's, they had these huge coffee mugs.

Hi Shayne and thanks! As a dual-US/British citizen (British by birth and upbringing), I've found that coffee can be seriously good in this country!    :P

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 01:51:23 PM »
Hi Timcito!  It's great to have you here! Congrats on your new Taylor, I hope that it brings you years of acoustic joy!   ;D
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

ewalling

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 03:41:12 PM »
Thanks a lot!    :)

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 03:57:32 PM »
Welcome Timcito,  Enjoy the GC3.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.