Author Topic: "Criticisms"  (Read 5265 times)

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
Re: "Criticisms"
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2012, 06:59:54 PM »
I have found this forum to be very friendly and respectful thus far. While I did not have the opportunity to read the deleted thread in its entirety, I found most of the responses to the OP to be thoughtful and polite in their opposing view (as I hope that mine was). I did sense some frustration with the OP in the the last few posts I read, and I tried at that time to steer the conversation back to the OP'soriginal  three talking points. Perhaps it's better that the thread was deleted before it got worse.

I like this forum and the people on it. As long as we remain civil to one another, it's still a great place to hang out. Just my $.02...
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

Sword Bringer

Re: "Criticisms"
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 10:11:32 AM »
I'm a new comer. but I can tell you that I own both an 814-CE and a 414-CE Indian rosewood. The 814-CE is cosmetically more appealing, but there's very little difference, in my OP, in the sound. I have no idea about the quality differences in build, etc. The only obvious things are gold vs. Chrome and Dots vs. Inlays. I'm just really happy they made those runs of Indian rosewood 414-CE's and that I was able to obtain one. The manufacturer has a right to create whatever product they choose. It's the consumer who has to decide what he wants.

SB

"From each according to his ability, to each according to their need."

Taylor 814CE Brazilian
Taylor 414CE Indian
Yari DY62C
'07 Taylor Solid Body Classic
PRS CE-22 Alder
'05 AmStd Strat
'67 Gibson SG Standard
Godin Session
Fender Acoustasonic Jr.
Fender '65 Twin Re-issue