Author Topic: Great Service! Lane's Lutherie & Taylor  (Read 1309 times)

Picken Pappy

• “Kick'n back and pick’n on the front porch swing.”
Great Service! Lane's Lutherie & Taylor
« on: March 31, 2012, 04:01:12 PM »
On Friday (3/30/12) I called Taylor about a problem I’m having on my GC-6, in particular the 9 volt Expression System. The potentiometer (pot) for the bass adjustment is very scratchy. I tried the old, “turn the knob back and forth a few dozen times” and it didn’t improve at all. So I called Taylor to ask is there is some possible way to clean it. The short answer is no, it’s a sealed pot. The tech at Taylor then asked for the serial number and seen that I had registered the guitar when I bought it, proving that I am the original owner. Man, that sure opened some doors! Without asking for it the tech said, “the best way to fix this is just to replace the ES system under warranty”, and asked if I needed him to look up a local service center. The closest was Lane’s Lutherie in Madison WI. That’s great, I know Lane. The tech told me it’s a done deal. Now that’s taking care of your customer!

So I called Lane to let him know what was going on. His shop is slightly over 50 miles from my home, but Lane offered to pick up and drop off my guitar as he lives fairly close to me. So Monday night (4/2/12) after he gets back from the shop, Lane will meet up with me and save me 100 + miles of travel, and do a fantastic job installing the new ES system.

My hat’s off to Taylor and to Lane Venden. Even though it’s warranty work, they’re treating me like my business matters to them. And because of that, both can expect not only my future business, but my personal high recommendation to others. Great service all the way around! Thank you Taylor. Thank you Lane. I’m one “Happy Pappy” for sure.  ;D
"A ding in your guitar is like a hicky on your honey. Nothing to get upset about unless you’re NOT the one who put it there!"  >:(     Pappy

cigarfan

• Veteran Member
  • If He comes today ...........are you ready?
    • I Ignite!
Re: Great Service! Lane's Lutherie & Taylor
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 04:21:09 PM »
Good on em' !!!

Knew Taylor was a stand up outfit. Glad to hear their service centers go the extra mile as well.
Blackbird, Froggy Bottom, Gibson, Goodall, Hatcher,
Kanile'a, Kinnard, Kwasnycia, Martin, Rainsong,
Ryan, Santa Cruz, Taylor, Voyage Air, Weber

Steve

• Veteran Member
    • Steve Parr Photography
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 04:41:16 PM »
Obviously, I'm well acquainted with Taylor's customer service staff. You simply won't find a finer crew in the industry.

I'm not, however, familiar with Lane's, but it sounds like they're a business that knows how to gain, and keep, a valued customer...
No one has ever been on their death-bed wishing they'd been more practical...

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 05:46:52 PM »
Just typical of Taylor........................once again to have excellent customer service!   ;D
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard