Author Topic: L.A. Guitar Sales  (Read 8262 times)

Glen

Re: L.A. Guitar Sales
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 01:59:17 PM »
There are several top notch dealers that handle Taylor guitars at a good price.  I have not YET purchased a guitar from Ted at L.A but his responsiveness and communication is top notch.  I want to buy a guitar from him just because he seems like such a good guy. I just sent him an email this morn about a new guitar and he got me an answer in short order.  You will see his name pop up on posts in this and the AGF and he always has very positive and responsive posts.

Shark Sandwich

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 02:02:32 PM »
Well consider me part of the crowd with only great things to say about him.  I ordered a GS8 from him last week at an incredible price and he could not have been nicer or more accomodating.
Taylor GS8
Alvarez Yairi DY50N 91

Greenheart

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 10:29:04 PM »
Although they are just a few miles from my home I have never visited the store (this will be remedied soon) so I have no personal experience to share, but I can tell you that the guys at my favorite guitar store have nothing but good things to say about them, which is really telling.

Congrats on the new GS8 Shark, please remember to share some pics.  :P
Paul

714ce

Rejoice Music

• Rejoice Music
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 03:26:04 AM »
I just visited L.A. Guitar Sales today and will add to the acclaim here.  Ted and Helene are very nice people and their shop is first class full of truly fine and beautifully selected stringed instruments!  Ted has discerning taste in guitars, and I would not hesitate for a minute in ordering your guitar from him.  Best wishes on your purchase!  :)
- Rebecca
rejoicemusic.org

Go Navy

• Northern California
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 11:29:56 AM »
Based on my own experience with a new 812ce delivered this week from L.A. Guitars, I think Ted and Helene have such a good relationship with the Taylor factory, and sell so many Taylors, that it is possible they get some of the best product sometimes (relatively speaking----it's all good) , from Taylor.  At least I felt like I got something a little extra nice.  Mine is not a BTO, but the wood on it is nicer than various Taylors I've seen at Guitar Center (which, again, were all nice).

With or without that, I'd say go ahead and do a deal with them.  I'm positive.
Guild Manhattan X-175 (1976)
Ibanez GB10 George Benson 1980
2012 Taylor 812ce Cedar

jrporter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2012, 08:05:54 AM »
I've purchased several guitars from Ted & Helene so add my name to the list of very contented purchasers. Their pricing and customer service is second to none. Rumor has that it's the only place where Chuck Norris will go to buy guitars because Ted is the only seller not intimidated by Norris. Ok, that's a joke but you get the idea....