Author Topic: Luthier (plus if Taylor authorized) in the DC Metro Area?  (Read 1220 times)

Magster24

Luthier (plus if Taylor authorized) in the DC Metro Area?
« on: March 21, 2012, 02:20:28 PM »
Hey fellow DC Metro Area folks,

Anyone have a recommendation on a good luthier locally (plus if they're also Taylor Authorized)?

I don't have any work specifically that needs to be done, just wanted to keep a list with contacts handy.

Thanks,
- Aaron

Guitars:
Taylor 614ce ('07)
Taylor 612ce ('10) - my wife's
Taylor BT3 Baby Maple ('07)
Yamaha G-235 (late '70s) Classical
Epiphone Les Paul Ukulele ('11)

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
Re: Luthier (plus if Taylor authorized) in the DC Metro Area?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 04:53:45 PM »
Hi Aaron, I used Melodee Music in Sterling for some work on my 516 and they are an authorized Taylor repair center.  Rob (owner) and his staff are super-nice and helpful - and they have a great acoustic room with lots of Taylors to look at.....  This weekend they are having their annual Acoustifest - check it out on their website - I think some people from here and the AGF are going to be there.

Also, Chuck Levin's in Wheaton sells Taylors - not sure if they are a Taylor service center.  You could also check Alexandria Music near Mt. Vernon - they sell Taylors as well so they may be a service center.

The one aspect of the new Taylor website that actually ended up being of use was to look up the service centers so you can try that too - it's how I found Melodee.

cigarfan

• Veteran Member
  • If He comes today ...........are you ready?
    • I Ignite!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 09:37:12 AM »
I have used Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center and can tell you these guys are good. They are a Taylor authorized repair center. I've not had anything major done but some minor adjustments and it has never taken me over an hour in and out. Probably cause I call and let them know I'm coming. They also have quite a selection of new Taylor's in their acoustic room.

11151 Veirs Mill Road
Wheaton, MD 20902
301-946-8808
Blackbird, Froggy Bottom, Gibson, Goodall, Hatcher,
Kanile'a, Kinnard, Kwasnycia, Martin, Rainsong,
Ryan, Santa Cruz, Taylor, Voyage Air, Weber

Magster24

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 09:06:10 PM »
Thanks ya'll for the feedback so far.
- Aaron

Guitars:
Taylor 614ce ('07)
Taylor 612ce ('10) - my wife's
Taylor BT3 Baby Maple ('07)
Yamaha G-235 (late '70s) Classical
Epiphone Les Paul Ukulele ('11)