Author Topic: New TRC day - Help me decide please?  (Read 6504 times)

jjracer

Re: New TRC day - Help me decide please?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 12:20:22 PM »
I think you should have Bill Nichols make you a second TRC and put them on both guitars.
Guitars? Yes still have them
If I'm not here....... I am somewhere else

Steve

• Veteran Member
    • Steve Parr Photography
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 12:55:08 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't you move it from guitar to guitar every so often?
No one has ever been on their death-bed wishing they'd been more practical...

Bill Evans

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 02:09:34 PM »
I think you should have Bill Nichols make you a second TRC and put them on both guitars.
Great idea indeed. Maybe for my birthday in November. They ain't cheap.

Bill

3 G&L electrics and 2 Taylor acoustics

Bill Evans

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 02:10:31 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't you move it from guitar to guitar every so often?
Sure thing Steve. A great idea, although I quite like jjracer's suggestion that I get Bill to make me another for the other guitar.

Cheers.   Bill

Bill Evans

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 02:50:40 AM »
Hi All,

Thanks for all your posts. Well, the consensus here is that it goes on the 814ce, so that's what I shall do.

Thanks for helping me choose.

Cheers.

Bill

Well, in the end, I decided Bill's 'Cindy' TRC looked better on my 412ce. More subtle.

Bill

Maynard9089

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2012, 11:17:08 AM »
This post inspired me to have Bill create me a TRC for my new 414ce. My wife is a daylily collector and has just started her own business selling from her existing collection (over 400 and soon to be over 500) as well as hybridizing her own. Since she was so kind and understanding in the the purchase of this guitar, my third in as many months, I had him put a daylily on it for me. I am on his list and when it comes I will get pictures of the finished product. Here is the sample photo he sent me for approval-

[attachment deleted by admin]
2012 Taylor 414ce
2013 Taylor GS-Mini Mahogany

Bill Evans

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 12:14:46 PM »
This post inspired me to have Bill create me a TRC for my new 414ce. My wife is a daylily collector and has just started her own business selling from her existing collection (over 400 and soon to be over 500) as well as hybridizing her own. Since she was so kind and understanding in the the purchase of this guitar, my third in as many months, I had him put a daylily on it for me. I am on his list and when it comes I will get pictures of the finished product. Here is the sample photo he sent me for approval-

Yes, it is worth the wait. Bill is very skilled in his 'art'.

"...she was so kind and understanding in the the purchase of this guitar, my third in as many months..."

LOL. I have 5 guitars now (3 electric and 2 acoustic) and the purchase of the 5th (a Taylor 814ce) caused my wife to say to me "Why do you need another guitar?" Well, I had no good answer to that, so I guess I'll be sticking at these for the time being. Hmm.

Bill

Go Navy

• Northern California
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 12:39:30 PM »
Bill Evans:  I agree with the decision to put that TRC on your 412.  It needs a little something special like that, whereas your 814 already has plenty of fine decorative features. 

They're both beautiful guitars, by the way. You made a smart buy on that 412 limited!
Guild Manhattan X-175 (1976)
Ibanez GB10 George Benson 1980
2012 Taylor 812ce Cedar

Bill Evans

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 01:21:46 PM »
Bill Evans:  I agree with the decision to put that TRC on your 412.  It needs a little something special like that, whereas your 814 already has plenty of fine decorative features. 

They're both beautiful guitars, by the way. You made a smart buy on that 412 limited!
Thanks for that. That was my thinking. Very pleased with the 412ce LE. Higher grade features for the lower grade cost.

Bill

roadbiker

• Veteran Member
  • Member #100
    • jmaurophoto
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2012, 03:19:11 PM »
I probablu would have put it on my 814ce, given the option.ut now I am considering having one made for mine! If nothing else, this may have turned out to be a good advertisement for Bill Nichols!

I'm sure it looks just as good on your 412 as it would have on your 814. I chime in with the earlier comment about the satin finish on the 814 headstock. The rest of the guitar is glossy - why not the headstock?

Jim
1980 Guild D50 (Westerly), Antique Sunburst
2010 Epiphone Masterbilt AJ500R Acoustic/Electric
2010 Taylor GS Mini
2011 Taylor 814CE Acoustic/Electric
2015 Taylor 356ce
1975 Carlo Robelli SG Custom (Sam Ash model)
Fishman Loudbox Mini
VOX AGA70

www.jmaurophoto.com