Author Topic: IDOL...  (Read 16737 times)

Steve

• Veteran Member
    • Steve Parr Photography
Re: IDOL...
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2012, 12:12:30 AM »
Elise strikes me as a cross between Sheryl Crow and Bonnie Raitt; definitely marketable...
No one has ever been on their death-bed wishing they'd been more practical...

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2012, 01:34:24 PM »
Elise strikes me as a cross between Sheryl Crow and Bonnie Raitt; definitely marketable...

Yes but now she is gone.  In my opinion she had a great set of songs and should be staying, but in the end they all will leave.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

Steve

• Veteran Member
    • Steve Parr Photography
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 03:07:58 PM »
She may be gone but, like anyone else who leaves at this point in the competition, her future is a lock if she plays it right.

I expected Hollie to be shown the door last night. Ideally, for me, it would've been Skylar. She just irritates me.

Next out? I predict either Phillip (ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease) or Hollie...

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 03:41:18 PM »
She may be gone but, like anyone else who leaves at this point in the competition, her future is a lock if she plays it right.

I expected Hollie to be shown the door last night. Ideally, for me, it would've been Skylar. She just irritates me.

Next out? I predict either Phillip (ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease) or Hollie...

Yes, I thought Hollie too, maybe she has all of England voting for her as well. 
I have noticed your dislike for Phillip and possibly Dave Matthews or is it both, which is fine on either account.
I like one Dave Matthews album: Live at Radio City  w/ Tim Reynolds and Dave doing acoustic versions
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

Steve

• Veteran Member
    • Steve Parr Photography
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 05:09:26 PM »
I have noticed your dislike for Phillip and possibly Dave Matthews or is it both, which is fine on either account.
I like one Dave Matthews album: Live at Radio City  w/ Tim Reynolds and Dave doing acoustic versions

It's not a "dislike", per se, for Phillips, and I have no idea where you got the idea that I might not like Dave Matthews.

Phil Phillips wants to be Dave Matthews more than anyone since, well, since Dave Matthews. It's actually comical.

The guy can play guitar, and he can sing but, as far as I'm concerned, he doesn't deserve to win. For God's sake, he did a Queen song and, if you closed your eyes, you could just see Dave Matthews doing it.

It's sad.

And funny...

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 07:26:51 PM »
Yes he emulates Dave Matthews in virtually every way.
I personally think he did queen better than Dave Matthews song,for me his DM song fell flat.

Steve

• Veteran Member
    • Steve Parr Photography
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2012, 07:56:50 PM »
Yes he emulates Dave Matthews in virtually every way.
I personally think he did queen better than Dave Matthews song,for me his DM song fell flat.

After that Queen song, I thought he should've been cited for littering.

I thought it was absolutely horrible...

tnfiddler

• Veteran Member
  • Education is important! Guitar is importanter!!
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2012, 10:58:37 PM »
Phillip has a HUGE following though!!  He has the Scotty McCreery little girl vote this year and that will keep you on the show for quite awhile!!  I can't wait to see Joshua go.  All of his songs sound the same too and it got old with me quite a while ago.  I would like to see Skylar and Phillip as the top two.  I really like Miranda Lambert and I really like DMB so it's a win-win situation for me if either one of those two win.  You have to pull for Phillip because he is representing Taylor well!!
1995 810
2016 GS Mini Koa ES2
2014 Bourgeois SS Adi/Hog Custom dread
2006 Charles J. Horner fiddle

Steve

• Veteran Member
    • Steve Parr Photography
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2012, 12:45:59 AM »
I can't wait to see Joshua go.  All of his songs sound the same too and it got old with me quite a while ago.

All else being equal, Joshua crushes Philip vocally. Joshua is the New York Yankees and Phillip is the JV squad at your local high school. Seriously, the two don't even belong in the same room...

I would like to see Skylar and Phillip as the top two.

I would rather chew glass...

I really like Miranda Lambert and I really like DMB so it's a win-win situation for me if either one of those two win.

But, see, that's the thing. The world already has a Miranda Lambert and a Dave Matthews. We really don't need more of them...

You have to pull for Phillip because he is representing Taylor well!!

If I "have" to pull for anyone, it's Jessica Sanchez. She's a local...

ataylor

• Veteran Member
    • I'm recording an album -- check it out on Kickstarter!
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2012, 11:46:49 AM »
Phillip played a new 700 series guitar last night (looked like a GA) and it looked great.

That said, he's so obviously derivative of Dave Matthews that I don't understand why he gets all this love for being "an artist" -- I thought he had potential at first, and I like watching the contestants that bring guitars on stage, but he's really gotten really boring.
2005 Taylor 210 (sitka/sapele)

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2012, 07:03:35 PM »
I'm thinking it was a 2012 714ce

ataylor

• Veteran Member
    • I'm recording an album -- check it out on Kickstarter!
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2012, 10:34:17 PM »
I'm thinking it was a 2012 714ce

That's what I was thinking. It looked really nice.
2005 Taylor 210 (sitka/sapele)

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2012, 08:27:09 AM »
Skylar is now gone, so country style won't win this year. 
Phillip played a new 700 series guitar last night (looked like a GA) and it looked great.

That said, he's so obviously derivative of Dave Matthews that I don't understand why he gets all this love for being "an artist" -- I thought he had potential at first, and I like watching the contestants that bring guitars on stage, but he's really gotten really boring.
I to really enjoyed him in the beginning.  For him to get my vote(and I would)he will have to really step up his game.  That is one thing Skylar had in her advantage is she really put it all out there every performance.

Steve

• Veteran Member
    • Steve Parr Photography
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2012, 09:45:44 AM »
I think this is going to come down to Joshua Ledet and Jessica Sanchez.

When all is said and done, I think Ledet should take it. I just think he's a little more marketable than Sanchez is.

That said, it's going to depend on how many 15 and 16 year old girls are voting...

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2012, 03:22:10 PM »
I think this is going to come down to Joshua Ledet and Jessica Sanchez.

When all is said and done, I think Ledet should take it. I just think he's a little more marketable than Sanchez is.

That said, it's going to depend on how many 15 and 16 year old girls are voting...

I agree.  It all depends on the fan base(popularity contest).  Phillip or Hollie will be next to go.  Hollie is much nicer to look at  ;) than Phillip so.......

I don't believe that the judges have agreed with the eliminations lately, just a guess here but I think they would have had Hollie go home instead of Skylar.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 08:25:43 AM by mgap »