Author Topic: RIP Davy Jones  (Read 1270 times)

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
RIP Davy Jones
« on: February 29, 2012, 07:08:54 PM »

barefooter

• West Virginia Hills
Re: RIP Davy Jones
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 09:46:32 PM »
I guess I am telling my age, but I remember going home from school and watching the Monkees.  A week or so ago I started to reply to a thread somewhere about the first song you learned.  I cannot recall exactly what it was, but I know that one of the first was "I'm Not Your Steppin Stone...."
Tom
2005 T5 C2
2010 814ce Tobacco Burst
and a few other pieces of equipment
Romans 1:16

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 08:14:29 PM »
The Monkees were a fun band when I was oh maybe 7 or 8 years old ;D
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

madx2

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 08:46:39 PM »
St. Louis has a fabulous community radio station....KDHX  (88.1).  All of the DJ's are volunteers and most  bring in their own cd's, records or digital downloads to play (the station has a musical library also).  The station format changes every 2-3 hours as a new DJ comes in.  One of my favorite shows is "Songwriter's Showcase".  It is on Sunday morning 10-Noon.

Last sunday the DJ started his show off with "Day Dream Believer" performed by the songwriter, John Stewart.   Very interesting to hear it as envisioned by him.   Compared to the Monkees version, it was a little slower and not so "bubblegum" sounding.   I liked it much more by him.

KDHX streams live over the internet.  Here is a link to the program schedules and playlists.   All shows are archived for 2 weeks if you care to listen.  I think you will be amazed at the variety of programs the station has....oh, yeah, no commercials and they take requests!

http://kdhx.org/radio/881-kdhx-schedule-shows-and-playlists