Lessons, Recordings, How Tos, Repair, Accessories > Lessons, Recordings, How Tos, Repair, Accessories

What's going on? ...

<< < (2/3) > >>

Earl:
No real projects pending, but I did a deep dive into the Gordon Lightfoot (RIP) discography while driving round trip between Idaho and Tucson over this last week.  THAT was a lesson in songwriting and arranging, if one pays attention.  A true master at work.  He was the inspiration for me learning acoustic guitar in general and fingerstyle in particular.  I took a carbon fiber guitar with me to AZ so there as no worry about temps or RH on the road and in hotels or friend's homes.   8)

--- Quote from: Edward on May 01, 2023, 03:18:54 PM ---Been oddly quiet lately here.  So what's up with guitar thoughts, Taylor insights, music discoveries? Whatcha all doing of late ...fess up!
--- End quote ---

The only Taylor action in my house is putting on a newly arrived test set of Elixir strings on my koa 424 this afternoon before the bluegrass jam tonight, now that I'm back home.  It has indeed been very quiet here lately.  Perhaps Taylor has "jumped the shark", at least among the forum demographic?  [Not trying to start something here, just a nagging afterthought].

PaulWood:
Hey Earl, I'm a foreigner (UK) and, although I'm fairly long in the tooth, I'm not familiar with your expression 'jumped the shark'! Please make an old man happy by explaining it (I might want to use it myself in the future!)

From where I'm sitting, it all went wrong for Taylor when they introduced ES2. My experience having ES2 retro-fitted on my 614ce was a disaster and my later experience, having ES1.3 retro-fitted on a new 12-fret 812ce, left much to be desired. I've concluded that I'm probably in the minority on this, so there's no point banging on about it!

SDTaylorman:

--- Quote from: PaulWood on May 12, 2023, 08:23:47 AM ---Hey Earl, I'm a foreigner (UK) and, although I'm fairly long in the tooth, I'm not familiar with your expression 'jumped the shark'! Please make an old man happy by explaining it (I might want to use it myself in the future!)

--- End quote ---

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark

Earl:
Hi Paul.  The posted Wiki link above tells the story just fine.  It has become slang for when something has gone off the track or strayed too far from the core mission / values.  Bob's your uncle.   :D

PaulWood:
Hey Earl (and SDTaylorman).

Many thanks for the explanation. It makes perfect sense. I can't wait to find a situation where I can slip it into the conversation. (Sorry about the unintended rhyming).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version