Author Topic: Not much traffic here  (Read 2508 times)

donlyn

• Veteran Member
  • De gustibus non disputandum
Re: Not much traffic here
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2023, 01:18:17 AM »
I stop by once or twice a day, and usually post something to the Music Association Game when I do. I also have posted about new guitars, and do read other stuff here.

But the biggest disappointment has been Gabriel's closed mind about a print version of Wood and Steel versus a digital version. Mostly in that no one ever ran a survey to see if current 'subscribers' would pay for a print version.

So there is no data to support any course of action, but just one (or more) peoples' conjectures/opinions that there was no future in a print version. And the person who is posting is maybe the most invested in the digital process. And is assumptive and insulting to boot. I am not a straw man to create and insult and he is not listening anyway. A very closed mind. And they are going to do printed catalogs anyway to give to stores to drive business. But as far as I can figure out, none will be sent to former print 'subscribers'. And the whole process is exhibit one in Earl's comment , "I'm afraid that New Taylor (a nod to New Coke from back in the day) has managed to disenfranchise or alienate many of their legacy owners at this point.  There is not much worth commenting about lately."

I put apostrophes around the word subscribers, as we did not pay for the mag, but only got it by buying at least one Taylor. So that no longer counts, I guess. Hey, I have six Taylors, some bought directly because of the topics and teasing new products in the mag. Well I guess that won't be happening again.   

And we all know that a successful business needs new customers to keep going and growing, but the trick is not to lose or alienate the old ones along the way.

Be well all,

Don
* The Heard:
85 Gibson J 200  sitka/rosewood Jumbo
99 Taylor 355  sitka/sapele 12 string Jumbo
06 Alvarez AJ60S  englemann/mpl lam m Jumbo
14 Taylor 818e  sitka/rosewood Grand Orchestra
05 Taylor 512ce L10  all mahogany Grand Concert
09 Taylor  all walnut Jumbo
16 Taylor 412e-R SE  sitka/rosewood GC
16 Taylor 458e-R  sitka/rosewood 12 string GO
21 Epiphone J-200  sitka/maple Jumbo
22 Guild F-1512 s/rw 12 string Jumbo

* Tenor Ukuleles:
Kala KA STG
Kala KA APT5 CTG 5 string

Dutch

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2023, 04:18:47 AM »
As the old saying goes, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all".  I'm afraid that New Taylor (a nod to New Coke from back in the day) has managed to disenfranchise or alienate many of their legacy owners at this point.  There is not much worth commenting about lately.
   :(

Basically the opposite of human nature. Only say something when there's something to complain.

Or problems to solve. It's how I came here, although the problem got solved before I was allowed to enter the forum. They didn't send me a confirmation e-mail to say I've been accepted.

Guitars44me

• Live Long, tune up often, and Play Pretty
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2023, 10:22:32 PM »
If it's not too impetuous for somebody with only 48 post to say it: Welcome back Guitar Cowboy. 

May you heal quickly and completely!

Scott

Yes, yes! Get all better and have FUN

Paul

Guitar Cowboy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2023, 11:30:27 PM »
If it's not too impetuous for somebody with only 48 post to say it: Welcome back Guitar Cowboy. 

May you heal quickly and completely!

Scott

Yes, yes! Get all better and have FUN

Paul

Thankyou
Steve
2020 326ce V-class soundhole cutaway prototype
(Mahogany/Urban Ash)
2019 E14 Limited Edition V-Class (Spruce/Ebony)
2019 814ce V-Class (Cedar/Rosewood)
2016 GS mini-E Koa
2015 618e 1st Edition (Torrified Spruce/Maple)
2014 K26ce (AA Koa- Wildwood CV) 
1980-something Yamaha  FG345II Dread