Author Topic: Which 9v battery do you use?  (Read 2405 times)

SDTaylorman

Re: Which 9v battery do you use?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2022, 10:43:55 AM »
Ray O Vacs are still made in USA, have good luck with them.  Energizer’s seem to come from far east too, but don’t seem to seem to have the leaking issues with them.  I stand on my statement that far east made Duracell batteries are pathetic, may their corporate officers choke on their temporary larger bonus’s.

Stand by it or not I'm simply not experiencing anything like what you say you are nor finding others with your experience in chatting with local players. I also don't see a bunch of people on this site chiming in here to bash Duracell or their execs. 3 posts made in almost 5 years so far on this amazing general guitar site and 2 are in this thread to claim issues with Duracell? Interesting.

ddub

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2022, 02:00:52 AM »
Duracell for me as well. I have tried several brands, and find that Duracell has consistently lasted the longest. Energizer 9V batteries have performed well for me also.

crnazz

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2023, 10:53:41 PM »
I bought a new Taylor 514ce a couple weeks ago and found the ES2 pickup would intermittently die on me. At first I thought there was a malfunction with the ES2 but found this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS6X0Aul3jE&t=8s

So I switched out the Duracell 9v battery for an Energizer one.... and that fixed it! So happy to have stumbled upon that video!