Author Topic: Am I just crazy? (914ce LTD content)  (Read 1589 times)

Guitars44me

• Live Long, tune up often, and Play Pretty
Re: Am I just crazy? (914ce LTD content)
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2022, 11:24:46 AM »
May I also suggest you put a ToneRite on your 914?

It is still new and just getting used to being a guitar. Don’t sell it. Let it grow up a good long time.

And PLAY the snot out of it.

You can thank us all later!   Hahahaha

Be well and have fun

Paul

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Am I just crazy? (914ce LTD content)
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2022, 09:52:58 PM »
Glad you didn't take offense, Tom!  I was absolutely candid, so am genuinely thankful that you took my words in good spirits! :D

Look, the guitar --any guitar-- can be "massaged" toward this or that tone to a degree.  But that range is wider than most folks realize.  String choice is a biggie, to be sure.  Then there is --wait for it-- us, our hands, our approach to the instrument.  This ain't mystical or esoteric stuff.  Ask anyone who has been playing any instrument for decades (playing seriously, that is), and they will tell you about tone.  And no, I am not a pro musician (I have a day job where I am safe from having to prove my worth with musical skill! ;) ), but have been hacking away at this music thing for a while ...even gigging when we can (L.A. is easily one of the worst places of late given all our idiotic mandates, but that aside) and as a self-proclaimed hack, I know there is far more that *I* need to do than any of my guitars, amps, or pedals to sound good.  And likewise, to offer different tonal flavors, the onus is on me.  As is oft repeated, and too often downplayed IMO, it is the carpenter not the tool that builds best.  I get by, and am glad for it.  I have multiple guits because my mental illness prompts me so, and the wife is generously supportive of my malady.  But nothing more than one guitar is, in fact, necessary.  (yikes, did I say that aloud??).  If there's anything definitive I have learned over the years of hacking at music it is that no piece of gear makes anything even closely enough of a difference than what the player can bring.

You asked here: for this I am glad as this really is a cool place to hang ...here, this forum!  You asked, you got sound answers; good folks here!  Thankfully you didn't float this idea aloud to your better half.  Your guitar is great.  The giver even better.  You have both.  Now where in the world are you going to find that combination?!!!  Just sayin, man!
:D

Edward
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 10:03:08 PM by Edward »