Author Topic: D’Addario Humidipak Tip  (Read 3731 times)

ddub

Re: D’Addario Humidipak Tip
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2022, 01:46:07 AM »
D'Addario modified the way the Humidipak hangs on the strings, and changed the material that the pouches are made of. I never had the problem, but I switched to the new design. They recommend hanging the Humidipak on the D and G strings, but I have found that hanging it that way makes it a little difficult to remove because the pouches get hung up on the A and B strings, so I drape the pouch over both E strings. The pouch comes in contact with the edges of the sound hole, but not the back of the guitar. I've been doing it this way for a couple of years now and have not had any issues.

I also drape the pouch over both E strings. I find this method makes it much easier to remove without getting hung up on the strings.

Earl

• Veteran Member
  • Quando omni flunkus moritati
Re: D’Addario Humidipak Tip
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2022, 11:40:15 AM »
FWIW, I put my humidity devices in the accessory box, which is NOT airtight.  The moisture propagates through the whole case just fine over time.  Don't believe me?  Put a raw onion or a clove of garlic in there and see how your case smells a day later....  There is no risk of leakage directly into or onto my instruments.  For my Taylor guitars with cutaways, I sometimes put a cylindrical humidifier (sponge in a Crystal Lite drink container wrapped in my strap or a cloth) into that void as a supplement when it is really dry, but not always.
Taylors:  424-LTD (all koa) and a 114ce that lives with friends in Alaska.  Low maintenance carbon fiber guitars are my "thing" these days, but I will always keep the koa 424.  Several ukulele and bass guitars too. 
*Gone but not forgotten:  a 2001 414ce, 410, 354-LTD twelve string, 314-N, 416-LTD baritone, T5 Classic, 615ce, 2006 GS-K, 1996 (first year) Baby