Author Topic: Selling Taylor 414ce...looking for advice  (Read 2039 times)

Brendon

Selling Taylor 414ce...looking for advice
« on: March 12, 2021, 10:11:00 PM »
Hi.

New to the forum but not to Taylors. Looking to upgrade from my 414 to a 714. I’m just not sure what the best way to go about it is.  On trade-in I didn’t think the value was there, so I want to sell it privately. Any advice on the best way to do that? Looking for any help I can to hopefully get what this awesome guitar is worth. Thanks!

TrampsLikeUs

Re: Selling Taylor 414ce...looking for advice
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 06:28:41 PM »
To get the best idea of what the guitar can actually be sold for,  I would go to the "Reverb" website and find several guitars like yours.  Them go to the "Sold" tab and see what they have sold for.  You can do the same with the EBAY site.  I'm sure other members here know of other places too. If your not in a hurry,  I would list it higher and then start to come down over time.
1985 Washburn D-12CE
2015 Ibanez Artcore AS73-TBC Electric
Washburn WCG66SCE GA Acoustic
Fender Statocaster SRV 1997 artist series
Taylor 856ce 12 string Indian Rosewood
Taylor K-14 2019 KOA Builder Edition
Taylor 2019 GS-Mini Koa  (2)
Taylor PS-18 2015 Tobacco Sunburst Sitka Spruce Top, W/ Brazilian Rosewood back/sides
Taylor GA Custom 2019 Sinker Redwood Top/ Cocobolo back/sides

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 02:51:31 PM »
Hey Brendon,

Know, too, that cost to ship has risen dramatically over the last few years.  Depending on your location (city or rural) and the destination, along with the requisite insurance (which is still a roll of the dice should something bad happen), you can be in for well over $100 to ship.  If you have or know someone with a UPS/FedEx business acct, you can save lots this way.  So this has led lots of folks to try for local sales which, needless to say, saves you in some ways but has its own pitfalls, obviously. 

You can also try listing on various boards, but will have to pay the membership dues to list a sale.  TheGearPage, for example is a stellar board that I frequent and will get you lots of exposure.  Reverb, too, of course, but their fees have also purportedly gone way up of late.  Hope that helps you a bit :)

Edward

Brendon

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 12:25:53 AM »
Thank you for the advice and the heads up.  I will look into those things.