Author Topic: Does anyone use Flicker for Photo storage and sharing?  (Read 869 times)

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Does anyone use Flicker for Photo storage and sharing?
« on: December 03, 2020, 08:46:16 AM »
I am having trouble sharing photos here on the forum.  When I use the share photo feature, it only downloads a link to my photo stream, and does not down load the photo.  How are you sharing photos on this forum with Flicker?
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

Shutterbug

• Veteran Member
Re: Does anyone use Flicker for Photo storage and sharing?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 08:17:49 PM »
Click on the photo you want to share. At the bottom right corner, you'll see a star, an arrow pointing to the right and an arrow pointing down onto a flat line. Click the arrow pointing down. Now click on "View All Sizes". That will take you to a page with your image, and a selection of different sizes to display. Click on the size you want to display. That size image will appear. Right click on the image and select "Copy Image Location".

Come back here to the forum, open up a new post and click on the "Image" icon. Hit "CTRL+V" and the address of your photo will appear within the "IMG] brackets.

Press "post" and your image should be posted...
The world is like a book, and he who does not travel only reads a single page...

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 08:58:27 PM »
Do you mean like this?  I had to copy the image location from my download file, but it all worked.
Thanks, Shutterbug.  The size is even proper for the size of the forum page.  ;)  I bet I forget how to do this by next week.  ;D :D :o

He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

Shutterbug

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 10:12:24 AM »
Sure thing!

I've been using Flickr for almost 20 years. It's ridiculously simple to post a photo which has been resized, as opposed to the billboard sized photos we often see here!
The world is like a book, and he who does not travel only reads a single page...