Author Topic: Test Results...  (Read 1035 times)

Shutterbug

• Veteran Member
Test Results...
« on: November 24, 2020, 11:23:06 PM »
Well, long story short, I received positive test results for Covid-19 today.

I'm in day three of my quarantine, and will go back for another test in about 11 days. While I felt kinda' crappy late Saturday and Sunday, I feel pretty good now, with just a slightly sore throat.

So much for Thanksgiving!

Anyone else here had this??
The world is like a book, and he who does not travel only reads a single page...

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: Test Results...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 06:48:05 AM »
Sorry to hear that. Hoping for a quick recovery with minimal symptoms. Hope your circle of family/friends is safe too. Take care.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

timfitz63

• Veteran Member
  • Getting better one strum at a time...
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 08:23:26 AM »
Sorry to hear about the bout with COVID.  Based on your progress so far, it sounds like you'll come through it fine.  Contrary to what is being constantly reported, the survivability numbers are well in your favor.

I can't say definitively whether I had it a year ago or not; but I had something that wasn't a cold and wasn't the flu.  At the time I was thinking a bacterial infection, but in retrospect...?  There are a lot of people who suspect it was running around "under the radar" in late 2019 before it became the thing that defined 2020...  Frankly, I've got to believe it didn't show up in the U.S. with a single "patient zero" in Seattle...

I was never tested (of course, no one knew about COVID at the time; and I never bothered to get any antibody tests later); but I also never became sick enough to alter my daily routine.  I just felt crummy for about a week and a half.  Like I said, I had a split of cold- and flu-like symptoms:  sore throat; cough; chest congestion; runny sinuses; some aches.  The thing that makes me think it was COVID is the odd way it almost went away, then came back for a short encore before I fought it off for good -- which has never happened to me before when I get sick with anything...
DN: 360e, 510ce, 510e-FLTD, 810ce-LTD (Braz RW), PS10ce
GA: 414ce, 614ce-LTD, 714ce-FLTD, BR-V, BTO (Makore, 'Wild Grain' RW, Blkwood), GAce-FLTD, K24ce, PS14ce (Coco, Braz RW, "Milagro"), W14ce-LTD
GC: 812ce-LTD TF, BTO TF ('Sinker'/Walnut, Engelmann/"Milagro"), LTG #400
GO: 718e-FLTD, BTO (Taz Myrtle)
GS: Custom 516e, BTO 12's (Taz Tiger Myrtle, 'Crazy' RW), 556ce, 656ce, K66ce, PS56ce ("Milagro")
GS Mini 2012 Spring LTD (Blackwood)
T3/B: Custom (Cu & Au Sparkle)
T5: C1, C5-12, S (Aztec Gold)

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 09:14:41 AM »
Sorry to hear that. I hope you recover quickly and that friends and family are also safe. I'm sure you'll still find much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. God bless...
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

Shutterbug

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 03:06:33 PM »
Thanks, all.

The County Health Department called me this morning; just a follow up survey. The woman I spoke with said that, since my symptoms began to manifest on the 19th, I could break my isolation on the 29th, provided my symptoms continue to subside. Frankly, that seems a bit soon to me so, considering I was prepared to stay quarantined until the December 5th, I'm going to stick with that.

Better safe than sorry!
The world is like a book, and he who does not travel only reads a single page...

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 05:14:00 PM »
Thanks, all.

The County Health Department called me this morning; just a follow up survey. The woman I spoke with said that, since my symptoms began to manifest on the 19th, I could break my isolation on the 29th, provided my symptoms continue to subside. Frankly, that seems a bit soon to me so, considering I was prepared to stay quarantined until the December 5th, I'm going to stick with that.

Better safe than sorry!
Thank you for taking this seriously. I appreciate and respect attitudes like yours. :)
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 06:09:35 PM »
Praying for you!  Hope you feel better soon!  I get tested for Covid every Monday morning for work. Thankfully we just spit in a tube.

Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard