Author Topic: New member from Virginia  (Read 1300 times)

2002mayerj

New member from Virginia
« on: November 15, 2020, 05:37:39 PM »
Father and son is joining this forum for the first time.  Son has been playing guitar for exactly one year from this coming Thanksgiving 2020.  He is practicing very hard and very discipline with a routine of two hours everyday on weekdays and three hours on weekends.  Dad (me) has just started in this journey.  Son is playing with the Martin D-42 and  dad is trying to acquired the 2001 Martin 814 BCE, still waiting for the right price.

I am excited to start this journey.

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: New member from Virginia
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 05:42:34 PM »
Welcome to both of you! Is your son going to have his own account here (user name)? If so, we will keep an eye out for him. Is that the back of the 814 that you are considering? Beautiful!
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 06:14:48 PM »
Welcome to you and son. That looks like a nice Brazilian rosewood back there.  Brazilian of that quality is hard to find these days. I wish you the best of luck in both the acquisition and your new guitar journey! Enjoy your stay with us....
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

2002mayerj

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 08:28:10 PM »
Welcome to both of you! Is your son going to have his own account here (user name)? If so, we will keep an eye out for him. Is that the back of the 814 that you are considering? Beautiful!

@TaylorGirl:  Hi, Yes, I am considering that guitar and it is Brazilian Rosewood.  I am waiting for reply from the seller.  I start my guitar journey a few days ago.  My son is my guitar instructor at the beginning.  My son has been taking guitar lessons twice a week for the past year. 

He and I will use this same account to update both of our progresses.  Until I get the Taylor BCE 814, I am practicing on the 2019 S6 Seagull.

boneuphtoner

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 10:25:57 PM »
Welcome from Maryland!

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 10:57:41 AM »

@TaylorGirl:  Hi, Yes, I am considering that guitar and it is Brazilian Rosewood.  I am waiting for reply from the seller.  I start my guitar journey a few days ago.  My son is my guitar instructor at the beginning.  My son has been taking guitar lessons twice a week for the past year. 

He and I will use this same account to update both of our progresses.  Until I get the Taylor BCE 814, I am practicing on the 2019 S6 Seagull.
Good luck with the purchase, keep us posted.
Susie

2002mayerj

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2020, 06:50:34 PM »

Good luck with the purchase, keep us posted.

I am very happy to report that I finally purchased the 2000 Taylor 814-BCE.  The guitar is almost brand new and I couldn't believe my luck.  I got the guitar today and I am going to take this guitar to a well known local luthier in my area for a new setup job.  My son can't wait to get his hand on it in about seven days.  I've attached some pictures below.

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 07:35:03 PM »
Congratulations, that's a real beauty! Hopefully you and your son don't fight over it.  :o
Susie

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2020, 07:46:38 PM »
What a beauty - congratulations!
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood