Author Topic: PRIMO 1996 CUSTOM K15c All Koa Jumbo needs NOTHING, SOLD ON REVERB [APPROVED]  (Read 1630 times)

Guitars44me

• Live Long, tune up often, and Play Pretty
SOLD ON REVERB.  CHEERS!

Someone will have a FUN SPRING

Specs:
1.75" Nut, 2,3/16" string spacing at the Taylor bone Saddle
25.5" string scale
17" Lower Bout, 12 1/8" Upper Bout, 9 7/8" at the curvy waist
3.75" deep at neck heel. 4.5" deep at butt.
Body is 20 7/8" long.
Action is about 5/64 at Big E, 4/64" at small e.
Minimal neck relief and the neck angle is perfect.
Saddle is showing 10/64" above the bridge. (correct to Taylor specs.)

Just back from Taylor Repair, El Cajon on 12/7/20.   I had the already barely perceptible top seam finish separation filled, and buffed.  Pat Quinn also buffed out a couple of the tiny Love taps...

For your ogling pleasure, and For Sale, too:

Absolutely spectacular CUSTOM 1996 K15c (NO E EVER)

I was Asking $4725 and worth it! 

Reverb listing here:

https://reverb.com/item/35854208-taylor-k15c-all-koa-custom-jumbo-cutaway-1996

Also on AGF for same price as here...

As I creep up on 70 years old, I find a long scale and 14 fret configuration less than comfy anymore.
Wah...

I have played hundreds and hundreds of "Golden Age" Taylors, and this is  absolutely as good as they get.
This is a lot of PRIME KOA! 
And it is in dang near new condition, with the exception of an OLD, almost invisible and extremely well repaired and cleated minor top separation.  Now filled and buffed at Taylor.

Absolutely top shelf setup by Pat Quinn,  Who is a senior repair technician at Taylor El Cajon, and has this thing dialed in to the max. He said the top is  completely stable and the repair was very well done.
Pat also RAVED about the TONE!

Please ask any questions and I will be glad to discuss on the phone, as wisely suggested by this forum!

ANOTHER PRICE DROP TO $3750  SHIPPED.

A while back someone here was looking for a Kenny Loggins signature model, and they go for considerably more than I am asking, for a very similar instrument, although a bit younger...

This is also VERY similar to John Denver's PERSONAL All Koa Jumbo, though his had no cutaway.

Everyone stay vigilant, well, and happy. We get to play guitars! Hooray

SALUD,

Paul
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 09:39:53 PM by Guitars44me »

SoCalSurf

• Veteran Member
  • Don't have what you want; want what you have.
Re: PRIMO 1996 CUSTOM K15c All Koa Jumbo, DIALED by Pat Quinn [APPROVED]
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 11:22:21 AM »
What a truly stunning guitar! And the John Denver reference was golden. Best of luck with this sale!

If anybody is considering this, Paul is wonderful. When I used to be on AGF he was always the kindest and most sincere people on there.
Taylor: GS Mini (koa), 517e, K24ce
Gibson: Hummingbird, SJ-200, SJ-200 12-string, SJ-200 parlor, Woody Guthrie J45 Southern Jumbo
Martin: 0000 Custom Ziricote
Preston Thompson O-Koa

Guitars44me

Re: PRIMO 1996 CUSTOM K15c All Koa Jumbo, DIALED by Pat Quinn [APPROVED]
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 12:28:26 PM »
Thanks SoCalSurf!!!  Your kind comments are Much appreciated !

As for John Denver, I always found it strange that his Signature Models were not jumbos.  Both his personal 6 and 12 strings were All Koa JUMBOS...

Perhaps it was too difficult to source enough big Primo Koa sets for the JDSMs.

The TONE on this is astonishingly FINE.

SALUD!

Paul

Shutterbug

• Veteran Member
Re: PRIMO 1996 CUSTOM K15c All Koa Jumbo, THANKSGIVING, $4250! [APPROVED]
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 07:50:33 PM »
Truly stunning!

Where would it be shipped from?
The world is like a book, and he who does not travel only reads a single page...

Guitars44me

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 01:24:08 PM »
Thanks Shutterbug!

It is a real GEM for sure.  I live about 50 miles east of San Diego at 3500 ft up in the Mountains. About 35 minutes from the Taylor El Cajon campus.

Ship from 91916

Salud!

Paul

Shutterbug

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2020, 11:53:33 AM »
Thanks Shutterbug!

It is a real GEM for sure.  I live about 50 miles east of San Diego at 3500 ft up in the Mountains. About 35 minutes from the Taylor El Cajon campus.

Ship from 91916

Salud!

Paul

Cool. I used to own a home in Santee...
The world is like a book, and he who does not travel only reads a single page...

Guitars44me

Re: PRIMO 1996 CUSTOM K15c All Koa Jumbo, SOLD [APPROVED]
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2020, 09:56:05 PM »
Now back from Taylor Repair, El Cajon on 12/7/20.   I had the already barely perceptible top seam finish separation filled, and buffed.  Pat Quinn also buffed out a couple of the tiny Love taps...

For your ogling pleasure, and For Sale, too:

Absolutely spectacular CUSTOM 1996 K15c (NO E EVER)

I was Asking $4725 and worth it! 

Reverb listing here:

https://reverb.com/item/35854208-taylor-k15c-all-koa-custom-jumbo-cutaway-1996

Also on AGF for same price as here...

As I creep up on 70 years old, I find a long scale and 14 fret configuration less than comfy anymore.
Wah...

I have played hundreds and hundreds of "Golden Age" Taylors, and this is  absolutely as good as they get.
This is a lot of PRIME KOA! 
And it is in dang near new condition, with the exception of an OLD, almost invisible and extremely well repaired and cleated minor top separation.  Now filled and buffed at Taylor.

Absolutely top shelf setup by Pat Quinn,  Who is a senior repair technician at Taylor El Cajon, and has this thing dialed in to the max. He said the top is  completely stable and the repair was very well done.
Pat also RAVED about the TONE!

Please ask any questions and I will be glad to discuss on the phone, as wisely suggested by this forum!

PRICE DROP TO $4250 SHIPPED.

A while back someone here was looking for a Kenny Loggins signature model, and they go for considerably more than I am asking, for a very similar instrument, although a bit younger...

This is also VERY similar to John Denver's PERSONAL All Koa Jumbo, though his had no cutaway.

Everyone stay vigilant, well, and happy. We get to play guitars! Hooray

SALUD,

Paul
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 09:41:18 PM by Guitars44me »