Author Topic: Hello from Reno Nevada  (Read 978 times)

EdwardTeel

Hello from Reno Nevada
« on: October 30, 2020, 05:31:26 PM »
Hey guys and gals. I’m a lover of fine acoustic guitars and obviously Taylors. It’s good to be in the club. My first “real” guitar was a 2007 814ce. I ended up selling that awhile ago as I fell out of love with it. A guy in India bought it from me so I hope he's enjoying it and it's living a great new life. The irony was that it just started to open up. I have a bad habit of selling things after awhile. Anyways I’m very happy with a build-to-order 858 I purchased in 2018. There’s no “e” as I had Taylor build it with no electronics. The guitar absolutely rocks! I’ll attach a lineup of my current acoustics. Though I love Taylor I own other brands and I’m currently having a custom Collings OM3 Adi Top being built. Cheers and God bless!

Martin D-45
Martin 000-18
Collings OM3
Taylor 858
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Fender Am. Dlx Tele
Fender Select Strat
G&L Asat Dlx
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 05:34:18 PM by EdwardTeel »

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: Hello from Reno Nevada
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 07:23:54 PM »
Welcome. You have an impressive group of guitars. You'll find that even though this is a Taylor forum, there's constructive  and positive discussion about many different brands.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 08:12:33 PM »
Welcome to you, Edward!

I can relate, for I have gone through 40 guitars during my stint as a musician with only six left standing (see signature). I have also owned many brands besides Taylor, but I think I'm happy with the current group. We'll see!

Enjoy your stay with us!
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 07:03:34 AM »
Welcome to the forum Edward.  I bet the tone and volume of that 858 can really fill the room. 
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.