Author Topic: Hello from Virginia  (Read 781 times)

youngj

Hello from Virginia
« on: October 22, 2020, 10:27:01 AM »
Hello all, I'm glad to be part of this forum! I admittedly suffer from a bad case of GAS and go through lots of guitars, but the one I go back to is the Big Baby Taylor that I bought two years ago on a whim. It's the most comfortable guitar I've ever played. The action is just right, it stays perfectly in tune, and the neck is a dream to play. Do the other models, like the 200s, 300s, AD, and GT, play this well? I understand the neck is a bit wider at 1.75".
Taylor 214ce
Taylor GT

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: Hello from Virginia
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 10:37:00 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Differences in nut width are a personal thing. You ultimately have to decide what you like/dislike. I personally can go back and forth between the differing nut widths with no issue. But, that is me. One thing that most people who have Taylor's conclude, is that the comfort and playability of the Taylor neck is there, no matter the series/model. But again, you have to decide.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

Taylor224

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 09:57:31 PM »
Hello and welcome...I don’t suffer from gas, but I would like to add a 12 string, Again, welcome aboard...
“I’m gonna be a happy idiot, and struggle for the legal tender”

1982 Washburn D10CE/B
2019 Taylor 224CE-K DLX
2019 Taylor 214CE
Guild D1212 12 String

boneuphtoner

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 04:16:16 PM »
Hello all, I'm glad to be part of this forum! I admittedly suffer from a bad case of GAS and go through lots of guitars, but the one I go back to is the Big Baby Taylor that I bought two years ago on a whim. It's the most comfortable guitar I've ever played. The action is just right, it stays perfectly in tune, and the neck is a dream to play. Do the other models, like the 200s, 300s, AD, and GT, play this well? I understand the neck is a bit wider at 1.75".

Hey there - welcome! I grew up in Eastern VA and went to undergrad in the VA mountains - where are you from?

Speaking personally, for strumming I can’t tell a difference between the different widths.  If you play fingerstyle on your Big Baby without a problem, you should not have a problem there either.  My Academy 12 has the narrower width, and when I play fingerstyle it doesn’t take me long to acclimate.