Author Topic: Hello from SE Michigan!  (Read 8271 times)

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Hello from SE Michigan!
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 01:01:55 PM »

Spieler - yes it was! I believe Cindy had asked about this also in another post. I'll never forget the 1:00 AM call from my daughter with her crying and telling me her guitar was trapped underneath a car in the coffe shop parking lot  :'(   Luickily, Taylor was able to completely repair it with a brand new neck and re-created the beautiful maple leaf fret marker inlays.

Ahh...I bet this is the guitar I remember from over on the other forum. At the time didn't you post about the accident and how Taylor fixed it? That was the first time I ever saw the leaf inlay...and it's just as stunning to see it again now on this new forum! :)
Cindy

John429

• Ann Arbor, MI
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 03:45:11 PM »
Ahh...I bet this is the guitar I remember from over on the other forum. At the time didn't you post about the accident and how Taylor fixed it? That was the first time I ever saw the leaf inlay...and it's just as stunning to see it again now on this new forum! :)

Cindy - yes, the same one. I think that might have been the first time I had actually posted over there although I had been a reader for a couple years previous. I thought the folks at the forum might be interested in what happened and also seeing how Taylor was able to bring it back good as new! We love the leaf inlay also. You know, in the gallery at the other forum, a fellow named Gutch has the exact same guitar, except a twelve string version. I guess that would be a 654ce L30.
2004 Taylor 614ce L30 (daughter's guitar)
2007 Taylor 612ce

spieler

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 09:40:51 PM »
John,

Any chance your daughter's guitar was the one that had a Bad Sad, and needed the neck replaced, and Taylor came through?

~ S.

Spieler - yes it was!

Ah, okay. I remember that your daughter was young(er), and that the guitar in question was a 600 from the L30 series, so I took a guess.

A very great story, indeed. Thanks for the pictures!

I'm partial to the L30 inlays, having them on my own 512. While I prefer the more understated look of the mahogany appointments for myself, I think those of the 600 series are some of the most beautiful Taylor has ever produced.

~ S.

John429

• Ann Arbor, MI
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 11:15:55 PM »
[...] I think those of the 600 series are some of the most beautiful Taylor has ever produced.

~ S.

Spieler - I think so too. Would love to see some pix of your 512!
2004 Taylor 614ce L30 (daughter's guitar)
2007 Taylor 612ce

spieler

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2011, 06:19:52 PM »
[...] I think those of the 600 series are some of the most beautiful Taylor has ever produced.

~ S.

Spieler - I think so too. Would love to see some pix of your 512!

Thanks! I specialize in really poor iPod/cell phone pictures (no, really), but will see if I can do my guitar(s) justice one of these days. :-)

~ S.

DMBfan41

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2011, 07:50:13 PM »
Hey John, wanted to thank you again for sharing the DM/TR vid link.  Been enjoying them today.

Nice guitar and really nice car man!

Looking forward to chatting it up with you.
Chad

Taylor 414ce L7
Taylor GSmini
Taylor 214e
Taylor 214
Martin OMCX1KE
Fender Classic 50's Strat