Author Topic: Taylor V-Class 12 Fret Slotted Head Tuners  (Read 451 times)

Danbgt

Taylor V-Class 12 Fret Slotted Head Tuners
« on: October 05, 2020, 04:50:36 PM »
Does anybody beside me hate the tuners Taylor puts on their V-Class 12 fretters? I recently bought a 322e v class 12 fret. Love the guitar. It took some getting used to. It’s a different sounding guitar. But I like it after I changed the strings. But I hate the tuners. The buttons are too big. Also the big black buttons are screwed onto the posts and the screws loosen themselves. Half the time I have to tighten the screws to get the post to turn. Then there is the notchy, crunchy feeling in two of the tuners. I have a 312ce 12 fret (pre v class) that I love. The tuners are great. They are also prettier. I guess I’ll have to cough up the bucks to replace them with something after market. Or trade this Taylor off!

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Taylor V-Class 12 Fret Slotted Head Tuners
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 06:35:24 PM »
I don't own a Taylor 12F, but do have another acoustic with slotted tuners.  Check the screw that goes into the gear, loosening that tension will often make it turn better, as will a small (small!!) drop of oil into that gear.  If this fails, call Taylor and they may have an idea for you, or may even just send you a new one as their cust-servcie is stellar. 

Edward

DennisG

• Veteran Member
  • Veni Vidi Velcro: I came, I saw, I stuck around
Re: Taylor V-Class 12 Fret Slotted Head Tuners
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 07:10:16 PM »
Next time you change strings, you might want to take a pencil and "draw" in the nut slots.  The graphite will act as a dry lubricant and may help in case the crunchy feeling you describe is related to the string binding in the slot.
-------------------------------------
'21 Goodall GC - master redwood/Macassar ebony
'18 Taylor K14-BE
'18 Taylor 114e
'21 Taylor GT Urban Ash
'15 Martin uke