Author Topic: Washburn WCG25SCE Solid Spruce/Rosewood Acoustic w/ Electronics & Case $640 (AP)  (Read 1071 times)

verichai

Hello everyone!

As priorities shift and playing evolves, I find myself thinning the herd (as us guitarists are prone to do). To that end, I have a very nice acoustic that I'd like to offer up for sale here.

This is a Washburn WCG25SCE, part of their 'comfort series' of instruments that I purchased new in 2016. It's always been stored in the included Washburn case with a humidity control device. It has never left my pet/smoke-free home.

This guitar features a solid sitka spruce top, solid rosewood back and sides, a mahogany neck, ebony fingerboard, mahogany arm bevel, mahogany and maple rosette and binding. Note that as rosewood has become more scarce, Washburn now makes this model using Pau Ferro for the back and sides, but I always preferred the rosewood and spruce examples.

Condition is excellent, I just put on a new set of strings. It is ready to play.

Read reviews of this guitar online and you'll see why people love it, it competes with much more expensive guitars in terms of quality, construction, materials, tone and playability. An arm bevel is a thousand dollar option on some custom guitars, and combined with the venetian cutaway, it makes this instrument a pleasure to hold and play.

The neck has a great-feeling satin finish and the action on this guitar is one of the low, buzz-free and super easy to fret.

Onboard Fishman 501T electronics with tuner and EQ.

Included case fits like a glove. I'll also have the Washburn warrantee card, truss rod wrench, and humidity insert.

I accept cash if picking up locally (Chicago). If you'd like the guitar shipped, you may pay via paypal or venmo. I will ship UPS ground with tracking and insurance.

This would make a GREAT back up, campfire player or would be PERFECT for a beginner who wants a quality instrument without spending $1000 or more. I'm asking $640 shipped to the lower 48.

I am happy to answer any additional questions about the guitar, please PM me.

Here are some additional specs:
Washburn WCG25SCE Comfort Select Grand Auditorium Acoustic Guitar
Grand Auditorium Venetian cutaway body with solid spruce top and solid rosewood back and sides
Bookmatched rosewood back split by maple/mahogany/maple strip
Mahogany/maple body and headstock binding
Mahogany elbow comfort bevel on lower bout
Satin-finished mahogany neck with 2-way truss rod
Ebony fingerboard and mahogany-bound ebony bridge
Rosewood-capped headstock with pearl Washburn logo and stylized W inlay
Alternating maple/mahogany rosette
Grover 18:1 tuners with Ebonite buttons
Black NuBone nut and saddle
25.5" scale; 20 frets; 1.75" nut width
Fishman 501T electronics with tuner/under saddle transducer
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 02:02:46 AM by verichai »