Author Topic: Ever Get Subpoenaed?  (Read 902 times)

Shutterbug

• Veteran Member
Ever Get Subpoenaed?
« on: September 25, 2020, 06:33:23 PM »
I was just served a subpoena to testify in a criminal trial.

Last Christmas Eve, my girlfriend and I were at one of our local haunts, enjoying some holiday cheer, when a fight broke out. We didn't really pay much attention to it; drunk guys get into fights all the time and, since neither of the guys were known to us, and since the fight found its way out into the parking lot, we continued on with our conversation. Not long after the Sheriff's deputies showed up and took statements from us.

We pretty much forgot about it all until today, when we were both subpoenaed to testify in the trial of, presumably, the guy who threw the first punch.

Basically, they're going to ask us questions about something which occurred the better part of a year ago, and involved two people we don't know.

Should be fun...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 10:37:04 AM by Shutterbug »
The world is like a book, and he who does not travel only reads a single page...

madx2

Re: Ever Get Subpoenaed?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 08:18:28 AM »
When politicians are subpoenaed they often say, "I don't recall", I can't remember". Works for them.

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Ever Get Subpoenaed?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 11:45:10 AM »
I was just served a subpoena to testify in a criminal trial.

Last Christmas Eve, my girlfriend and I were at one of our local haunts, enjoying some holiday cheer, when a fight broke out. We didn't really pay much attention to it; drunk guys get into fights all the time and, since neither of the guys were known to us, and since the fight found its way out into the parking lot, we continued on with our conversation. Not long after the Sheriff's deputies showed up and took statements from us.

We pretty much forgot about it all until today, when we were both subpoenaed to testify in the trial of, presumably, the guy who threw the first punch.

Basically, they're going to ask us questions about something which occurred the better part of a year ago, and involved two people we don't know.

Should be fun...

Crazy!
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard