Author Topic: NGD Academy 12  (Read 613 times)

Airborne

NGD Academy 12
« on: April 30, 2020, 11:57:10 AM »
Received the guitar yesterday. This guitar was ordered sight unseen from GC. This guitar is bling free and that may be an issue for others, but it’s fine with me. The build quality is obvious throughout, including inside the body. No wood fibers, sawdust, or glue globs anywhere. This is without a doubt the most comfortable acoustic I have ever handled! Anyone coming from a solid body electric will be pleasantly surprised by the neck. It is narrow like an electric and slick and fast. Other than tuning, no other adjustments were needed at this time. Setup very nicely from the factory. To my inexperienced ear, the guitar sounds great! Experienced players may have a different opinion. I prefer a pick guard, so that will be added. I had a GS Mini a couple years ago and could not bond with the shorter scale, the Academy is just right for me. Any beginner would do well with the Academy along with experienced players also. I don’t do photos, all you Taylor people know what they look like. Oh, by the way, did I say it was COMFORTABLE?

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: NGD Academy 12
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 01:22:08 PM »
I tried one when they first came out and was impressed. Comfortable and nice tone. Congratulations!
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

boneuphtoner

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 02:19:25 PM »
Good for you.  I've got one of these coming in the next couple of weeks - can't wait!  My first grand concert - the slightly shorter scale length should be a nice change of pace that I'm looking forward to.

Frettingflyer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 07:00:13 AM »
Congrats Airborne, a nice choice for sure, I will just look across the room to see what they look like. I bought it (with the buy one get one discount) with the intent of giving it to Guitars4vets, but my son has taken it for “his” and is playing more and seems quite motivated by it, so another guitar will have to be donated. It has earned a spot in the lineup and is an amazing guitar for the money. I like many wish this had existed when I started playing. Enjoy yours, I know my son and I are enjoying ours.
Dave
2014 Koa GS Mini-e FLTD (for the wife)
2004 314ce,
2014 custom GC Coco/Euro spruce
2015 Wildwood 812ce 12 fret
2016 522ce 12 fret
2019 K24ce BE
2021 322e
2017 Blackbird Lucky 13
2019 Mcpherson Sable

Airborne

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 02:39:26 PM »
Congrats Airborne, a nice choice for sure, I will just look across the room to see what they look like. I bought it (with the buy one get one discount) with the intent of giving it to Guitars4vets, but my son has taken it for “his” and is playing more and seems quite motivated by it, so another guitar will have to be donated. It has earned a spot in the lineup and is an amazing guitar for the money. I like many wish this had existed when I started playing. Enjoy yours, I know my son and I are enjoying ours.

Kudos to you for thinking of guitars4vets. As a disabled Vietnam Vet, I find great comfort and peace with guitar in hand. I just wish I more talent!!!

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2020, 11:12:48 AM »
Congrats!!!!
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

Frettingflyer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2020, 08:17:13 PM »

Kudos to you for thinking of guitars4vets. As a disabled Vietnam Vet, I find great comfort and peace with guitar in hand. I just wish I more talent!!!
I would like to volunteer there as well, but the closest chapter is too far away. I have already donated to them and will again soon, great organization Thank you for your service.
Dave
2014 Koa GS Mini-e FLTD (for the wife)
2004 314ce,
2014 custom GC Coco/Euro spruce
2015 Wildwood 812ce 12 fret
2016 522ce 12 fret
2019 K24ce BE
2021 322e
2017 Blackbird Lucky 13
2019 Mcpherson Sable

jricc

• Working musician, Music Teacher
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2020, 07:26:58 PM »
Congrats Airborne on a cool guitar.  I like the "plain" cosmetics, and after playing a few, they are really comfortable!
Taylor AD22e