Author Topic: 510e owners and players tell me about your guitar  (Read 372 times)

Gerald D

510e owners and players tell me about your guitar
« on: January 01, 2020, 05:06:44 PM »
For anyone that owns and plays the slot-head 510 or 520 model I would love to hear what you think of your guitar.  I hadn’t heard about these guitars when they came out with the redesign and Now that I am looking for a new guitar it seems they can be had at a significant discount.  I usually find mahogany spruce short scale dreads to be my guitar of choice, just wondering how this one stacks up to say a J45 or a hummingbird.   I would be using this for singing with.  Unfortunately there are no dealers with this model in stock near me so I would like to hear as many opinions as possible.

DMZ

Re: 510e owners and players tell me about your guitar
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 05:23:58 AM »
My local “former” Taylor dealer has a NOS one at Professional Music in Des Moines. It is full yet articulate. Very balanced. To me it is a well made almost custom feel to it if that makes sense. Like they really made a higher end custom model -refined paying attention to all detail intone fit and finish.

If you’re in the market call Trent the owner and tell emDougZ sent ya. His high end acoustic room is well humidified, monitored and semi private.

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: 510e owners and players tell me about your guitar
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 09:57:14 AM »
I owned two x10s, a 510ce and a 710ce that were limited release models.  Both of them were short scale.  Both of them had paddle heads, so not quite the style your looking for information on.  the only other identifying characteristic of them was they both had snow flake fret board markers. 
I enjoyed both of them but the 510ce was the better of the two, or I should say that it was the 510ce that I gravitated to most tone wise.  It was that 510ce that put me on the road to owning many Mahogany Taylors. 
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.