36 (17.4%)
900 Series
15 (7.2%)
Others
48 (23.2%)
R. Taylors
2 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Author Topic: Which Series Do You Own?  (Read 30591 times)

Scriptor

• Veteran Member
  • What His holiness demands, His grace has supplied
    • RickLangdon.com
Re: Which Series Do You Own?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 03:06:05 PM »
Is it bad for me to admit... none?

No, it is never bad to be honest ...

But I do have the privilege of playing the prototypes for extended periods. Someone has to do it, and I'm willing to "take one for the team"!   :D

Now that was bad!   :)
-- Scriptor

Featured demo: http://www.ricklangdon.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/58-Weeping-in-Ramah-mix-2.mp3

For more very simple demos of original music recorded with Taylor guitars: http://www.ricklangdon.com

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 04:48:13 PM »

But I do have the privilege of playing the prototypes for extended periods. Someone has to do it, and I'm willing to "take one for the team"!   :D

Being a Taylor employee certainly has its perks! You probably don't get Taylor G.A.S. nearly as often as the rest of us!  ;D
Cindy

barefooter

• West Virginia Hills
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 05:15:49 PM »
My first was the T5 listed below.  This was a gift from my daughter on Father's Day in 2006.  Of course she had help paying for it with the assistance of my lovely wife.  They both were way too kind to purchase this for me as I am not deserving of such a wonderful instrument.

Last year I was bitten by the Acoustic bug and began playing Taylors, Gibsons, and Martins at the local stores.  I played a Collings and Sant Cruz that belonged to a friend, as well as a Huss and Dalton.  They were all nice, some better than others, but all nice guitars. 

I attended my first Taylor Road Show near Huntington, WV last October and that was all it took.  I almost walked out with a nice Taylor, but fought the GAS that night.  It was when looking at pictures of the 814 on the 'net' that my wife and daughter told me they liked the 814ce Tobacco Burst.  They actually pushed me into purchasing the one I have.  It came straight from the factory to the dealer and then to me without being on the floor.

I am fortunate to have a loving family who allow me to spend hard earned money for our enjoyment.
Tom
2005 T5 C2
2010 814ce Tobacco Burst
and a few other pieces of equipment
Romans 1:16

Iplay2

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 05:23:19 PM »

Being a Taylor employee certainly has its perks! You probably don't get Taylor G.A.S. nearly as often as the rest of us!  ;D

Or it could make it a lot worse, like letting an alcoholic be a bartender....or me work at a Taylor factory. lol

bo1142

• Knoxville, TN
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 05:28:19 PM »
My first was the T5 listed below.  This was a gift from my daughter on Father's Day in 2006.  Of course she had help paying for it with the assistance of my lovely wife.  They both were way too kind to purchase this for me as I am not deserving of such a wonderful instrument.

Last year I was bitten by the Acoustic bug and began playing Taylors, Gibsons, and Martins at the local stores.  I played a Collings and Sant Cruz that belonged to a friend, as well as a Huss and Dalton.  They were all nice, some better than others, but all nice guitars. 

I attended my first Taylor Road Show near Huntington, WV last October and that was all it took.  I almost walked out with a nice Taylor, but fought the GAS that night.  It was when looking at pictures of the 814 on the 'net' that my wife and daughter told me they liked the 814ce Tobacco Burst.  They actually pushed me into purchasing the one I have.  It came straight from the factory to the dealer and then to me without being on the floor.

I am fortunate to have a loving family who allow me to spend hard earned money for our enjoyment.

It sounds like you are truely blessed.
Boone

My Taylor's:
2001 614ce
2007 GC6e
2008 K24ce
2011 814ce
2011 GSmini w/es-go

My other:
2002 Yamaha FG433s
2003 Fender Strat MIM
2005 Fender P Bass
2011 Mogan Monroe MMS-2 mandolin
2011 Makai LK-80w ukelele

Brian Swerdfeger @ Taylor

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 08:43:49 PM »

Don't be fooled - I have GAS as bad (or worse) than any of you - and I'm surrounded by enablers!

Drock2k1

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 09:01:57 PM »

Very interesting. Do you own any Taylors?

revster

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2011, 09:40:22 PM »
I have had a GC7 for fingerstyle for about 14 months. I bought a Dn8 two weeks ago. bought it over a gibson j45. I just liked tone and playable better.

Brian Swerdfeger @ Taylor

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2011, 11:41:44 PM »

Very interesting. Do you own any Taylors?

Yes - I own a prototype GS Mini.
I also have a few loaners: RT Style 1 (Cedar/Mahogany); RT Style 1 (Adi/Mahogany); 35th Anniversary 12-Fret (Engl/Koa); and a short scale GS (adi/Mahogany/armrest)

not darth

• Veteran Member
  • Near the lake in Minnesota.
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2011, 12:13:21 AM »
I'm actually a little surprised at the poll results.  Granted, the sample is fairly small, but given what I read over at the other place it sounded like people really loved sitka, engelman and cedar on the tops, and mahogany or the rosewoods on the b/s. 
That means mainly the 5xx, 7xx and 8xx.  Never really heard many posts about maple (the 600 series).

Also, what qualifies as "other"?
I mean, technically my guitar is a GSLJ, a dreadnought with sitka top and maple b/s, it's not called a 6xx-anything, but I do consider it a 600.  Should I have voted "other"?

:)
-K
Member #34
I'm not darth.

M19

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2011, 09:36:22 AM »
See my Avatar...

...I call my 655ce my "Lap Symphony."
Marty B.
Multi-Brand Owner

flaggerphil

• Florida Space Coast
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2011, 02:00:30 PM »
I own the ones that are listed in my signature.  Have owned others in the past.  I'm lucky in that my wife has bought most of them for me...

;D
Phil

Playing guitar badly since 1964.

2006 R.Taylor Style 1 Redwood/Walnut
2016 Taylor 710e SS
2013 Taylor 528e
2003 Taylor 600-SPEC
2002 Taylor 510-LTD
2010 Taylor GS Mini-M
2006 Taylor T5-C Cocobolo
2015 Taylor T5z Classic
1937 A-Style Mandolin
Kala SMHT Ukulele
Kala SMHTC-E Ukulele

Redwood Tree

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2011, 09:46:09 PM »

It all started back in 2000, But it seems I have 3 900 L7s a 615ce L7, KLSM . DMSM. and the lastest addition ... Cocobolo 2008 GAce Fall Ltd

Oh don't forget the Baby Liberty Tree.

You see It took me about 38 Taylors  and 10 years .;to get to this point and have settle in  for the long run.
 Tom 
Tom
"So Many Taylors Not Enough Talant"

michaelw

• Veteran Member
  • with more frivolous trivia than most infomercials
    • i agree with Fred
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2011, 10:53:41 PM »
I'm actually a little surprised at the poll results.  Granted, the sample is fairly small, but given what I read over at the other place it sounded like people really loved sitka, engelman and cedar on the tops, and mahogany or the rosewoods on the b/s. 
That means mainly the 5xx, 7xx and 8xx.  Never really heard many posts about maple (the 600 series).

Also, what qualifies as "other"?
I mean, technically my guitar is a GSLJ, a dreadnought with sitka top and maple b/s, it's not called a 6xx-anything, but I do consider it a 600.  Should I have voted "other"?

:)
-K
i am just guessing that 'other' could mean a LTD model, signature model, NS, Baby, Big Baby, GS Mini,
GA (95), AB, PS, T5, GS (06), T3, SB, baritone, 9 string, BTO, Custom Shop or any 'non-standard' model -
i have a 91 412 with non-tropical mahogany back & sides (which would be closer to a 300 series),
a 97 414K (koa back & sides, black binding), a 84 510 (koa back & sides, black binding) & a 814LTD
(redwood top/ziricote back & sides) ... they have standard series designation & 'non-standard' woods

there are several other maple models that would be considered 'other' (imho) - 00 GSST
03 CS (cowboy sunburst) LTD, 03 HR (hot rod) LTD, 03 PS LTDs, 03 RH Irunning horses) LTD,
09 GA/GSceLTD M ... all spruce maple, but the 09s are closer to the 900s (& then the PS)

i think that your GSLJ could be considered 'other', although i think it is 'WOW' (it is nice :))
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 11:56:53 PM by michaelw »
it's not about what you play,
it's all about why you play ...

support indie musicians
https://www.patreon.com/sidecarjudy
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-jessica-malone-music-project#/

not darth

• Veteran Member
  • Near the lake in Minnesota.
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2011, 11:07:36 PM »

It all started back in 2000, But it seems I have 3 900 L7s a 615ce L7, KLSM . DMSM. and the lastest addition ... Cocobolo 2008 GAce Fall Ltd

Oh don't forget the Baby Liberty Tree.

You see It took me about 38 Taylors  and 10 years .;to get to this point and have settle in  for the long run.
 Tom

Oooo, very nice!!!  That one, actually the GC size, is on my 'holy grail' list of guitars!
 :D
-K
Member #34
I'm not darth.