Author Topic: Replacing the battery  (Read 15099 times)

Rod Neep

Re: Replacing the battery
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2014, 07:12:59 AM »
Hmmm.... I will do that.
But I wonder why Taylor doesn't produce the battery holder with an open end if they know of the problem and the universal cure?

Rod

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 08:34:12 AM »
Thanks for the link to the video. I haven't had a problem yet, but this is good information to know.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

drrohle

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 12:05:06 PM »
Anyone had a problem with Duracell's leaking electrolyte all over everything?  I don't know how many of these brands have ruined various devices I have installed them in. Usually the AA's but sometimes the 9V's will leak too. Often times long before the "Use by" date has been reached. Heck even some Duracell's are still in the original blister packs and leaking!  >:(

Earl

• Veteran Member
  • Quando omni flunkus moritati
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 02:52:22 PM »
But I wonder why Taylor doesn't produce the battery holder with an open end if they know of the problem and the universal cure?

Pretty simple really - molds are expensive, and making a new one would cost major $$$.  With the practical fix so easily accomplished in the field by owners (or by Taylor techs at music stores) it hardly seems worth it.  In the meantime, the battery holder with the end probably secures the battery a little better as you remove the holder.
Taylors:  424-LTD (all koa) and a 114ce that lives with friends in Alaska.  Low maintenance carbon fiber guitars are my "thing" these days, but I will always keep the koa 424.  Several ukulele and bass guitars too. 
*Gone but not forgotten:  a 2001 414ce, 410, 354-LTD twelve string, 314-N, 416-LTD baritone, T5 Classic, 615ce, 2006 GS-K, 1996 (first year) Baby