Author Topic: NGD GS Mini-e Koa FLTD - Flame on!  (Read 7531 times)

guitarsrsoawesome

• Veteran Member
Re: NGD GS Mini-e Koa FLTD - Flame on!
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2014, 12:53:29 PM »
That is absolutely ReDUNKulous!  (As in a slam dunk impulse buy).  So beautiful.  So glad it worked out!
November 2013 Taylor 514ce ES2
November 2011 Taylor GS Mini Mahogany

guitarstreet

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2014, 10:13:14 AM »
Writing from Singapore here.

The latest batch of the Taylor GS Mini Koa FLTD just arrived and guess what...

It comes with a SITKA SPRUCE top!!! And it's now called the Taylor GS Mini Koa FLTD, Special edition!  >:(

Taylor's "excuse" seems to be that the full Koa sounds "too mellow", or that their supply of Koa has been extremely limited of late...

Anyway, what a disappointment. Didn't get to try the full Koa GS mini. Please post more videos/clips, those of you who managed to get one.

Guitarsan

• Veteran Member
  • Keep calm and play on!
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2014, 11:27:15 AM »

It comes with a SITKA SPRUCE top!!! And it's now called the Taylor GS Mini Koa FLTD, Special edition!  >:(

Taylor's "excuse" seems to be that the full Koa sounds "too mellow", or that their supply of Koa has been extremely limited of late...

Anyway, what a disappointment. Didn't get to try the full Koa GS mini. Please post more videos/clips, those of you who managed to get one.

Are you sure your dealer isn't confused?

http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/acoustic/gs-mini-e-koa

This is discontinued model - maybe they got some remaining stock?

Maybe email or call Taylor customer service directly to get the story.......
"The guitar is the perfect drug because when you play it you're in no pain, and when you put it down, there's no hangover." Paul Reed Smith

2021 Taylor 914ce LTD Sinker Redwood/EIR
2016 Taylor GS Mini-e Flamed Koa

guitarstreet

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2014, 01:06:04 PM »

Are you sure your dealer isn't confused?

http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/acoustic/gs-mini-e-koa

This is discontinued model - maybe they got some remaining stock?

Maybe email or call Taylor customer service directly to get the story.......
I just sent Taylor an email to find out why... And nope, my dealer isn't confused. In fact they were quite surprised that Taylor decided to send us the Sitka Spruce top for the 2nd batch of FLTD 2014 instead!

Txmiller

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2014, 07:41:34 PM »
Amy response back from Taylor regarding the spruce topped mni Koas? Thanks
Collings OM2HMR
Collings 002HG
Taylor 714ce FLTD
Taylor HV GS Mini
Taylor GC8
Fender Select HH Tele

guitarstreet

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2014, 01:16:11 PM »
Taylor's reply:

"We did in fact ship them some of the Koa top models, and will be shipping them more in November; I’m not sure why they informed you otherwise- there is still an outside chance that the original  Koa tops have not arrived. In regards to the spruce top/Koa back & sides version, it was just a variation we offered them exclusively."

I sure hope we get more Taylor GS Mini Koa FLTD in Singapore soon. Would love to try one out and hopefully get one I like.

Guitarsan

• Veteran Member
  • Keep calm and play on!
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2014, 01:24:49 PM »
Taylor's reply:

"We did in fact ship them some of the Koa top models, and will be shipping them more in November; I’m not sure why they informed you otherwise- there is still an outside chance that the original  Koa tops have not arrived. In regards to the spruce top/Koa back & sides version, it was just a variation we offered them exclusively."

I sure hope we get more Taylor GS Mini Koa FLTD in Singapore soon. Would love to try one out and hopefully get one I like.

That makes sense, I thought they were mistaken. Although the FLTD Koa models do still seem in short supply globally. Guess that's why they're "limited". :-)
"The guitar is the perfect drug because when you play it you're in no pain, and when you put it down, there's no hangover." Paul Reed Smith

2021 Taylor 914ce LTD Sinker Redwood/EIR
2016 Taylor GS Mini-e Flamed Koa

6stringmusic

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2014, 01:29:18 PM »
As Dave Matthews always says, "Yes Indeed!"

Nice axe.